Re: [pcgen] Re: Printing Charaacter Sheets

  • Tir Gwaith
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 31, 2005
      > I can't recall if this has been asked/answered: Will this work in java
      > 1.4.x?

      Having tried the new sheets in both 1.4 and 1.5, I've found it works better
      in both. Seems faster in 1.4, and doesn't gag in 1.5.

      Tir Gwaith
      LST Chimp
    • Kenneth Skaar
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 31, 2005
        Well, finally figured why the problem didnt show up with java 1.4. Seems
        that java 1.4.2 ships with an older version of xalan(2.4.1), while java
        1.5 doesnt ship with any(so pcgen uses 2.5.2). The older version didnt
        really support the attribute in question, and silently ignored it, while
        the new version supports it and therefore choked when there was a
        syntax error om the attribute value.

        If you really want to use xalan 2.5.2 for pcgen,even with java 1.4.2, one
        option is to change the startupscripts to use
        -Xbootclasspath/p:lib/xalan-2.5.2.jar

        Im sure the OS monkeys would be happy to use a more recent XSLT
        processor:-)

        Kenneth SKaar

        On Thu, 31 Mar 2005, Kenneth Skaar wrote:

        > Yes,
        >
        > it was actually a "bug" in the xml. The comma's are not allowed there
        > in the first place. Funny thing is that it didnt choke in java 1.4.x.
        > However, looking at the code for the xslt parser pcgen uses(xalan), it
        > did throw an exception. Its just that for some reason, under java 1.4.2,
        > it must have gotten caught somewhere. This is still kind of a mystery to
        > me:-)
        >
        > Kennet Skaar
        >
        > On Thu, 31 Mar 2005, Paul W. King wrote:
        >

        >>> Until the next RC comes out, you can fix this your self with two
        >>> simple edits. Open
        >>> outputsheets/d20/fantasy/pdf/fantasy_master_std.xslt and go to line
        >>> 9. You'll see exclude-result-prefixes followed by something in