Re: Printing Charaacter Sheets

  • Paul W. King
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 31, 2005
      > Until the next RC comes out, you can fix this your self with two
      > simple edits. Open
      > outputsheets/d20/fantasy/pdf/fantasy_master_std.xslt and go to line
      > 9. You'll see exclude-result-prefixes followed by something in
      > quotes. Change the comma inside the quotes to a space. Save and close
      > that file. Then open outputsheets/d20/fantasy/pdf/leadership.xsl and
      > go to line 10 and do the same edit. Now you should be able to print
      > PDF just fine with Java 1.5. Let me know if that is not the case.

      I can't recall if this has been asked/answered: Will this work in java
      1.4.x?

      Paul W. King
      TM SB, OGL/PL Chimp, Data Gibbon, BoD
    • Kenneth Skaar
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 31, 2005
        Yes,

        it was actually a "bug" in the xml. The comma's are not allowed there
        in the first place. Funny thing is that it didnt choke in java 1.4.x.
        However, looking at the code for the xslt parser pcgen uses(xalan), it
        did throw an exception. Its just that for some reason, under java 1.4.2,
        it must have gotten caught somewhere. This is still kind of a mystery to
        me:-)

        Kennet Skaar

        On Thu, 31 Mar 2005, Paul W. King wrote:

        >> Until the next RC comes out, you can fix this your self with two
        >> simple edits. Open
        >> outputsheets/d20/fantasy/pdf/fantasy_master_std.xslt and go to line
        >> 9. You'll see exclude-result-prefixes followed by something in
        >> quotes. Change the comma inside the quotes to a space. Save and close
        >> that file. Then open outputsheets/d20/fantasy/pdf/leadership.xsl and
        >> go to line 10 and do the same edit. Now you should be able to print
        >> PDF just fine with Java 1.5. Let me know if that is not the case.
        >
        > I can't recall if this has been asked/answered: Will this work in java
        > 1.4.x?
        >
        > Paul W. King
        > TM SB, OGL/PL Chimp, Data Gibbon, BoD

        > PCGen's FAQ:
        > http://www.evilsoft.org/pcgen/docs/
        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Tir Gwaith
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 31, 2005
          > I can't recall if this has been asked/answered: Will this work in java
          > 1.4.x?

          Having tried the new sheets in both 1.4 and 1.5, I've found it works better
          in both. Seems faster in 1.4, and doesn't gag in 1.5.

          Tir Gwaith
          LST Chimp
        • Kenneth Skaar
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 31, 2005
            Well, finally figured why the problem didnt show up with java 1.4. Seems
            that java 1.4.2 ships with an older version of xalan(2.4.1), while java
            1.5 doesnt ship with any(so pcgen uses 2.5.2). The older version didnt
            really support the attribute in question, and silently ignored it, while
            the new version supports it and therefore choked when there was a
            syntax error om the attribute value.

            If you really want to use xalan 2.5.2 for pcgen,even with java 1.4.2, one
            option is to change the startupscripts to use
            -Xbootclasspath/p:lib/xalan-2.5.2.jar

            Im sure the OS monkeys would be happy to use a more recent XSLT
            processor:-)

            Kenneth SKaar