[BUG] 58rc4 Enchanted ammo not stacking with weapon bonus

  • Paul Grosse
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 30, 2005
      Using 3.0 rules

      I created a +5 light crossbow, and a +5 bolt, added it to the
      character's equipment list and unless the preview page isn't showing it,
      the two bonus's aren't stacking like they should in 3.0.

      Paul G.
    • Eddy Anthony
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 30, 2005
        On 3/30/05 3:53 PM, "Paul Grosse" <paul.grosse@...> wrote:

        > Using 3.0 rules
        >
        > I created a +5 light crossbow, and a +5 bolt, added it to the
        > character's equipment list and unless the preview page isn't showing it,
        > the two bonus's aren't stacking like they should in 3.0.
        >
        > Paul G.

        I wouldn't expect them to, they use exactly the same EQMOD which grants a
        TYPE=Enhancement bonus, nothing about stacking in the code.

        How do you expect PCGen to know what ammo you are using with the crossbow?
        Are you equipping the bolt into the crossbow?

        Even so I'm not sure there is a way prerequisite a bonus based on what it
        contains.
        --
        ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
        ~ PCGen Content Silverback
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 1, 2005
          <snip>
          On 3/31/05 4:49 PM, "Chris" <barak@...> wrote:

          > Check that it's not user error first.. the way the report read they
          are
          > expoect that just buying the arrow and equipping it (not in the bow
          > that I could tell...) would boost the bonus...

          Thank heavens for the voice of reason (and caution)

          I just made a plus 5 crossbow and plus 5 bolt in 3.0, I then equipped
          the
          crossbow and put the bolt in the crossbow, when I output I got +10

          So no problem here, looks like its working, now to check the RSRD.

          Uh oh! That's stacking too.
          --
          ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
          ~ PCGen Content Silverback

          Sorry, my bad, I didn't totally check out what I was seeing. It's
          1) a error with the preview panel
          and
          2) a error with 3.5 mechanics.

          The preview pane isn't stacking them, but the output sheets are. BUT in
          3.5 where it's not supposed to stack the output sheets are stacking
          them.

          I think who ever it was that suggested it be handled by the gamemode is
          correct. I'd also like to include a suggestion that there be a option in
          House rules that lets this stack. Because in my mind they are two
          completely different items and should stack, if somebody wants to pay
          1447gp for ONE arrow let them have a total of +10 to hit, it's no worse
          than any lowbie using truestrike.

          Paul G.
        • Eddy Anthony
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 1, 2005
            Paul Grosse scribed:

            > Sorry, my bad, I didn't totally check out what I was seeing. It's
            > 1) a error with the preview panel
            > and
            > 2) a error with 3.5 mechanics.
            >
            > The preview pane isn't stacking them, but the output sheets are. BUT in
            > 3.5 where it's not supposed to stack the output sheets are stacking
            > them.

            That about sums it up, trackered the preview bug:
            [ 1174968 ] [Preview] Enchanted ammo not stacking with weapon bonus

            As for the game mechanics issue I opened a FREQ for that:
            [ 1174978 ] Enchanted ammo stacking with weapon bonus
            <https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1174978&group_id=
            25576&atid=384722>

            I suggested a tag in the gameMode to indicate how to handle the situation:

            AMMOSTACKSWITHWEAPON: (YES or NO)

            Any alternate suggestions as to the name or the whole approach can be added
            to the tracker.
            --
            ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
            ~ PCGen Content Silverback