Showing prepared spells in statblock

  • Sergio Bruno Fedi de Oro
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 30, 2005
      Is there any way to show prepared spells in the stat blocks?
      Like the ones that appear in modules?
    • Chuck Pint
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 30, 2005
        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Sergio Bruno Fedi de Oro" <sfedi@y...>
        wrote:
        > Is there any way to show prepared spells in the stat blocks?
        > Like the ones that appear in modules?

        Sure it's possible. Currently the stat blocks show all the spells in
        the character's "spellbooks". There is not at this point any tags in
        the OS that show the "memorized" spells, and then the "non-memorized"
        spells. I'm assuming that's what you're asking for?

        Chuck
        OS Chimp
      • Barak
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 30, 2005

          Well, considering that the "spellbooks" used to be your memorized spells,
          that's exactly what the sheets used to do.

          Since someone went and changed them there's now a problem. :p

          Barak
        • Sergio Bruno Fedi de Oro
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 31, 2005
            > > Is there any way to show prepared spells in the stat blocks?
            > > Like the ones that appear in modules?
            >
            > Sure it's possible. Currently the stat blocks show all the spells in
            > the character's "spellbooks". There is not at this point any tags in
            > the OS that show the "memorized" spells, and then the "non-memorized"
            > spells. I'm assuming that's what you're asking for?

            Right.

            Note: prepared (D&D 3.X) = memorized (AD&D)

            So I guess I can't tell PCGEn which spells are in the spellbook and which are prepared.

            That's useful for NPCs (and sometimes for PCs :)
          • monch9ph
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 31, 2005
              In theory, I think you can just create another spellbook named
              memorized. And this is where you'll put the memorized set. Don't know
              how it'll look in the OS though. This way, you'll have redundant
              spells in 2 books.

              Monch

              wrote:
              > > > Is there any way to show prepared spells in the stat blocks?
              > > > Like the ones that appear in modules?
              > >
              > > Sure it's possible. Currently the stat blocks show all the spells in
              > > the character's "spellbooks". There is not at this point any tags in
              > > the OS that show the "memorized" spells, and then the "non-
              memorized"
              > > spells. I'm assuming that's what you're asking for?
              >
              > Right.
              >
              > Note: prepared (D&D 3.X) = memorized (AD&D)
              >
              > So I guess I can't tell PCGEn which spells are in the spellbook and
              which are prepared.

              > That's useful for NPCs (and sometimes for PCs :)
            • Paul W. King
              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 31, 2005
                > In theory, I think you can just create another spellbook named
                > memorized. And this is where you'll put the memorized set. Don't
                > know how it'll look in the OS though. This way, you'll have
                > redundant spells in 2 books.

                That's how I've done it. It shows your Memorized spell book at the
                bottom of the spells known listing. Also, when you add to your
                Memorized book, you can place multiple spells in there to denote, say,
                knowing magic missle twice. Spells have a check box next to them to
                show how many times you've memorized the spell.

                Paul W. King
                TM SB, OGL/PL Chimp, Data Gibbon, BoD