Re: D&D Minis, skeletons and other mis-matched feats / equipment

  • lonbarnett1957
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 29, 2005
      Another option would be to create a custom item 'Gnoll Shield' that
      grants the Shield Proficiency (sp?). As long as it was equiped it
      would take care of the problem.

      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Éric Beaudoin <beaudoer@v...> wrote:
      > At 18:40 2005.03.28, Aaron Sherman wrote:
      > >On Mon, 2005-03-28 at 18:02, Éric Beaudoin wrote:
      > >
      > >> Why don't just add the proper martial feat when you create the
      > >> monster? You add the proper Weapon Prof. feat, choose the weapon
      and
      > >> you are done. I don't see what the template would give you.
      > >
      > >Two things:
      > >
      > >First, while you can manually edit the number of allowed feats,
      and then
      > >select the feat you want, you can't always get exactly what you
      wanted
      > >that way (e.g. I don't want "Shield", I want specifically "Shield:
      > >Heavy/Metal")
      >
      > To the best of my knowledge, there is no such prof. for Shield:
      Heavy/Metal so I'm not sure there is any way to grant that.

      > >Second, there are times you want to be able to violate the
      prerequisites
      > >of a proficiency (e.g. allowing banded armor for the Gnoll
      Skeleton,
      > >even though it has no medium armor proficiency). I have no idea if
      the
      > >template approach would allow for this, but it's a better shot than
      > >through the UI (which simply refuses you the feat).
      > >
      > >In terms of the general sense of the tool... editing the number of
      > >available feats in order to add a feat seems kind of strange to
      me...
      > >perhaps that's just preference.
      >
      > Well, if you really want to create yourself templates for that,
      just make a temple with FEATAUTO:xxx or AUTO:FEAT|xxx where xxx if
      the feat granting the prof. you need. (I'm just not sure if template
      use FEATAUTO or AUTO:FEAT so that's why I've suggested both. VFEAT or
      ADD:VFEAT are other possibilities.)