Re: shard-0.2.0 release

  • wireframe6464
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 29, 2005
      You're right, shard is a project meant to be a library of d20
      components. It is extremely lightweight and intended to be "embedded"
      into other applications for handling d20 content. The next release
      (0.3.0) should have a java webstart application that will manage the
      d20 content and allow users to edit/input new or custom content.
      We're also beginning work on a character generator, but seeing as how
      PCGen has a WIDE range of features, we've got a lot of work to do there.

      My goal with shard is to be able to QUICKLY build up d20 applications
      using a common infrastructure. The kind of plugins that are in GMGen
      now are all typical applications that can be built using shard. If
      you have any other questions or interest, please let me know!