[BUG][5.8RC3][OS] Cleric Trun Block not displayed properly

  • andargor
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 28, 2005
      I don't know if this has been reported or not, but using PDF export,
      the Cleric turn statistics are all screwed up. "NaN" appears in the
      turn bonus per level and the rest of the stats are scrambled.

      I've tested csheet_std_blackandwhite.

      Andargor
    • Éric Beaudoin
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 28, 2005
        At 20:08 2005.03.28, andargor wrote:
        >I don't know if this has been reported or not, but using PDF export,
        >the Cleric turn statistics are all screwed up. "NaN" appears in the
        >turn bonus per level and the rest of the stats are scrambled.
        >
        >I've tested csheet_std_blackandwhite.
        >
        >Andargor

        I just tried it with RC4 and both csheet_simple_blackandwhite and csheet_std_blackandwhite produce a proper turn block.

        Can you try again with RC4 ?

        P.S. I believe the _std_ are there only to be called by the other csheet like the _simple_ but I might be wrong. Here's the content of csheet_simple_blackandwhite:

        --------8<--------
        <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
        <!-- $Header: /cvsroot/pcgendocs/pcgendocs/outputsheets/d20/fantasy/pdf/csheet_fantasy_simple_blackandwhite.xslt,v 1.1 2004/03/03 11:09:04 frugal Exp $ -->
        <xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform" xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format">
        <xsl:import href="csheet_fantasy_std_blackandwhite.xslt"/>
        <xsl:import href="fantasy_master_simple.xslt"/>

        </xsl:stylesheet>

        Éric "Space Monkey" Beaudoin
        Release Monkey and Syntax Watchdog
        >> In space, no one can hear you sleep.
        <mailto:beaudoer@...>
      • Chuck Pint
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 28, 2005
          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Éric Beaudoin <beaudoer@v...> wrote:
          > At 20:08 2005.03.28, andargor wrote:
          > >I don't know if this has been reported or not, but using PDF export,
          > >the Cleric turn statistics are all screwed up. "NaN" appears in the
          > >turn bonus per level and the rest of the stats are scrambled.
          > >
          > >I've tested csheet_std_blackandwhite.
          > >
          > >Andargor
          >
          > I just tried it with RC4 and both csheet_simple_blackandwhite and
          csheet_std_blackandwhite produce a proper turn block.

          > Can you try again with RC4 ?
          >
          > P.S. I believe the _std_ are there only to be called by the other
          csheet like the _simple_ but I might be wrong. Here's the content of
          csheet_simple_blackandwhite:

          Sounds like our math problem in OS sheets still isn't fixed. It's a
          sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't thing. This is still a
          P7, and it really really needs to be bumped to P9. Otherwise, OS will
          sometimes work and sometimes not. BTW, it didn't work for me with RC4.
          I deleted it, reinstalled it and it worked. I deleted it again,
          reinstalled it, and it didn't work. Sigh.

          The only sheets you shouldn't call directly, can't be called directly
          becuase they don't start with "csheet_". Any OS file that starts with
          "csheet_" is useable. Yes, most of the work gets done in the called
          file, but that's the way they are supposed to be used.

          Chuck
          OS Chimp
        • Chuck Pint
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 28, 2005
            Sorry the tracker that needs to be bumped to P9 is # 1157992.

            Chuck
            OS Chimp
          • Eddy Anthony
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 28, 2005
              Éric Beaudoin scribed:

              > At 20:08 2005.03.28, andargor wrote:
              >> I don't know if this has been reported or not, but using PDF export,
              >> the Cleric turn statistics are all screwed up. "NaN" appears in the
              >> turn bonus per level and the rest of the stats are scrambled.
              >>
              >> I've tested csheet_std_blackandwhite.
              >>
              >> Andargor
              >
              > I just tried it with RC4 and both csheet_simple_blackandwhite and
              > csheet_std_blackandwhite produce a proper turn block.
              >
              > Can you try again with RC4 ?

              I believe Andargor my be experiencing an intermittent bug that Chuck and I
              have seen from time to time, I have yet to find a way to reproduce it
              reliably but it has happened to me enough and with a few different versions
              that I know its real.

              What I see is the Cleric turning block outputting the OS tokens instead of
              the completed calculations, the last time I had this happen I out put the
              character in html and pdf with the same results, I saved the character and
              emailed all of it to Chuck to take a look, he didn't see anything wrong with
              it and to my consternation when I reopened the character and re-output it
              worked correctly.

              My guess Andargor, is that if you save and reopen, perhaps make a second PC
              and then re-output the first it may output correctly on the second attempt,
              then again you might be seeing a different bug.

              Here is some possibly related behavior which I have been able to reliably
              reproduce: make a cleric, give him the Animal and Plant domains, immediately
              output to one of the standard PDF sheets, you will see that the turning
              block for Rebuke Plant is missing. Save, close, reopen and re-output the PC,
              now you will see the Rebuke Plant block now.

              Not knowing jack about coding I can't really offer much more but to me it
              seems like the values of the variables involved in the turning feature are
              not propagating to the part of the program doing the output. What would the
              difference between an unsaved and a saved PC be?

              Hopefully this reproducible behavior will be helpful troubleshooting this
              issue.
              --
              ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
              ~ PCGen Content Silverback
              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 28, 2005
                > I believe Andargor my be experiencing an intermittent bug that Chuck
                and I
                > have seen from time to time, I have yet to find a way to reproduce it
                > reliably but it has happened to me enough and with a few different
                versions
                > that I know its real.
                > ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
                > ~ PCGen Content Silverback

                I'm just back from my friend's place, where we worked on his cleric,
                and everything was fine... Weird...

                Andargor
              • Frugal
                Message 7 of 10 , Mar 29, 2005
                  On Tuesday 29 March 2005 02:21, Éric Beaudoin wrote:
                  > P.S. I believe the _std_ are there only to be called by the other csheet
                  > like the _simple_ but I might be wrong. Here's the content of
                  > csheet_simple_blackandwhite:

                  The "_std_" sheets have all of the possible weapon wielding variations in the
                  weapon blocks (1-handed, 2-handed, 2WF Off hand etc...). The "_simple_"
                  sheets are identical except that the only wield category in the weapon blocks
                  is "One handed".

                  The way it does this is by importing the "_std_" master sheet and then
                  overriding the weapon block.

                  --
                  regards,
                  Frugal

                  PS. The original intention was to have each block in a separate file (like the
                  leadership block) and then you could make up any sort of character sheet you
                  wanted just by importing the appropriate blocks in the desired order.
                • Kenneth Skaar
                  Message 8 of 10 , Mar 29, 2005

                    this is a race condition in the ExoprtHandler class. It is beeing used by
                    several different threads, and the access to the static variables is not
                    protected by locks. Because of this, under the right cirmucstances, it
                    refuses to go into "mathmode". I have a fix for it which I emailed this
                    list a few weeks back, but got no response on...

                    Just let me know if I should mail it again here, or if there is someone
                    responsible for that code which I should email it to....

                    (BTW, since it is a race condition, it will work for some and not for
                    others, and it depends hevily upon your computers speed and current
                    load...)

                    Kenneth Skaar

                    On Mon, 28 Mar 2005, Eddy Anthony wrote:

                    > Éric Beaudoin scribed:
                    >
                    >> At 20:08 2005.03.28, andargor wrote:
                    >>> I don't know if this has been reported or not, but using PDF export,
                    >>> the Cleric turn statistics are all screwed up. "NaN" appears in the
                    >>> turn bonus per level and the rest of the stats are scrambled.
                    >>>
                    >>> I've tested csheet_std_blackandwhite.
                    >>>
                    >>> Andargor
                    >>
                    >> I just tried it with RC4 and both csheet_simple_blackandwhite and
                    >> csheet_std_blackandwhite produce a proper turn block.
                    >>
                    >> Can you try again with RC4 ?
                    >
                    > I believe Andargor my be experiencing an intermittent bug that Chuck and I
                    > have seen from time to time, I have yet to find a way to reproduce it
                    > reliably but it has happened to me enough and with a few different versions
                    > that I know its real.
                    >
                    > What I see is the Cleric turning block outputting the OS tokens instead of
                    > the completed calculations, the last time I had this happen I out put the
                    > character in html and pdf with the same results, I saved the character and
                    > emailed all of it to Chuck to take a look, he didn't see anything wrong with
                    > it and to my consternation when I reopened the character and re-output it
                    > worked correctly.
                    >
                    > My guess Andargor, is that if you save and reopen, perhaps make a second PC
                    > and then re-output the first it may output correctly on the second attempt,
                    > then again you might be seeing a different bug.
                    >
                    > Here is some possibly related behavior which I have been able to reliably
                    > reproduce: make a cleric, give him the Animal and Plant domains, immediately
                    > output to one of the standard PDF sheets, you will see that the turning
                    > block for Rebuke Plant is missing. Save, close, reopen and re-output the PC,
                    > now you will see the Rebuke Plant block now.
                    >
                    > Not knowing jack about coding I can't really offer much more but to me it
                    > seems like the values of the variables involved in the turning feature are
                    > not propagating to the part of the program doing the output. What would the
                    > difference between an unsaved and a saved PC be?
                    >
                    > Hopefully this reproducible behavior will be helpful troubleshooting this
                    > issue.
                    > --
                    > ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
                    > ~ PCGen Content Silverback

                    > PCGen's FAQ:
                    > http://www.evilsoft.org/pcgen/docs/

                  • ovka
                    Message 9 of 10 , Mar 29, 2005
                      Flagged for Devon

                      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Kenneth Skaar <kenneths@r...> wrote:
> [...]
                      > >
                      > > Here is some possibly related behavior which I have been able to
                      reliably
                      > > reproduce: make a cleric, give him the Animal and Plant domains,
                      immediately
                      > > output to one of the standard PDF sheets, you will see that the
                      turning
                      > > block for Rebuke Plant is missing. Save, close, reopen and re-
                      output the PC,
                      > > now you will see the Rebuke Plant block now.
                      > >
                      > > Not knowing jack about coding I can't really offer much more but
                      to me it
                      > > seems like the values of the variables involved in the turning
                      feature are
                      > > not propagating to the part of the program doing the output. What
                      would the
                      > > difference between an unsaved and a saved PC be?
                      > >
                      > > Hopefully this reproducible behavior will be helpful

                    • James Dempsey
                      Message 10 of 10 , Apr 1, 2005

                        The race condition has been corrected in CVS now. So this should be
                        working properly for the next RC and any autobuilds made from now.

                        Thanks for the info Kenneth - it made it much easier to track down and
                        correct.

                        Cheers,
                        James Dempsey
                        PCGen Code Gibbon