Re: [pcgen] [Announce]The freeze for 5.8.0 RC4 is on.

  • Eddy Anthony
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 27, 2005
      Aaron Sherman scribed:

      > I'm not familiar with PCGen's release terminology. Can you explain the
      > difference between "alpha" and "full"?
      >
      > Thanks.

      We have an Alpha directory in the data folder where we put new sources which
      are complete and will load and run in the program but which have not
      received the quality assurance bug testing needed before we move it into the
      stable release. The Alpha folder is included with the Alpha and Beta
      releases but not with the final production release. Because the releases
      currently being made are Release candidates the Alpha folder is not included
      but you can get it in a separate release package.

      In this context full means the full release package and alpha means the
      additional download package which has just the alpha sources. Sorry for the
      confusion.
      --
      ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
      ~ PCGen Content Silverback