Re: [pcgen] Dire Animal good will saves in 5.8?

  • Tir Gwaith
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 3, 2005
      > >This was changed to a Freq as the code does not exist. It doesn't look to
      > >difficult, I'll bump it up.
      > >

      > If I remember correctly, I attached a line for the animal class with
      > good will saves that works for the RSRD to the tracker a while back. It
      > was a simple change to make the dire animals use it too.

      Man, I thought I'd committed the Animal Saves thing a while back. Like soon
      after teh Humanoid variations.

      Hang on a few minutes for that.

      > I think that an overhaul would be quite useful, since there is nothing
      > in the RSRD which says a character can't continue to take levels in the
      > animal class. It only says that they gain a number of animal hitdice
      > equal to the base number the animal has, effectively multiclassing as
      > the animal.
      > The only reason I can think of to do so is to continue to gain BAB and
      > Save bonuses after 20th level, since animal hitdice don't give up their
      > progressions after level 20. Otherwise, the skill selections kindof suck
      > for most animal classes.

      Um, creature Hit dice can only be advanced if there is a Hit Dice
      Advancement listed in the creature. I wouldn't want to see a work-around
      that rule for a creature that is half the base creature, and half-humanoid.
      Doesn't shake right. Always assume against the player. I'm of the opinion
      that since it doesn't say, that they can't advance beyond those given
      levels.

      Tir Gwaith
      LST Chimp
    • Tir Gwaith
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 3, 2005
        > This was changed to a Freq as the code does not exist. It doesn't look to
        > difficult, I'll bump it up.

        In CVS. I've closed the tracker, having linked the Dire Animals to the new
        class ("Animal (Will)") which gets all good saves.

        The 3.0 SRD just states "usually Fort and Reflex" so I've left that alone
        for now. Changed the tracker to reflect just the RSRD changes.

        Tir Gwaith
        LST Chimp
      • Eddy Anthony
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 3, 2005
          On 3/3/05 6:11 AM, "Tir Gwaith" <thoron-tir-gwaith@...> wrote:

          > In CVS. I've closed the tracker, having linked the Dire Animals to the new
          > class ("Animal (Will)") which gets all good saves.

          Thanks.

          > The 3.0 SRD just states "usually Fort and Reflex" so I've left that alone
          > for now. Changed the tracker to reflect just the RSRD changes.

          Just going by the numbers the SRD dire animals will need this treatment, I
          created several SRD dire creatures and the Will save did not match the text
          so they do have good Will saves.
          --
          ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
          ~ PCGen Content Silverback
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 3, 2005
            > > The 3.0 SRD just states "usually Fort and Reflex" so I've left that
            alone
            > > for now. Changed the tracker to reflect just the RSRD changes.
            >
            > Just going by the numbers the SRD dire animals will need this treatment, I
            > created several SRD dire creatures and the Will save did not match the
            text
            > so they do have good Will saves.

            Ah, ok. I'll do a quick entry for the variation that has all the saves,
            like the RSRD, and link the Dire creatures to that.

            Prob. call it "Animal (All)" in the SRD just in case there is a different
            variant....

            Tir Gwaith
            LST Chimp