Re: [pcgen] Lycanthrope Template

  • Eddy Anthony
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 2, 2005
      aikidragon2001 scribed:

      > I've finally downloaded pcgen like I've been meaning to for sometime
      > now. But I have a question. I've looked over what I've been able to
      > find but there is such a wealth of info here and on the pcgen site
      > I'm not sure of something. Does anyone know what the status of the
      > Lycanthrope template is?

      We are on the verge of release candidate for the next production release
      (5.8) of PCGen. One of the new features you will find in it (when its out)
      are animal hitdice levels for lycanthropes which will complete support for
      the Lycanthrope template. The only downside here is that PCGen cannot
      automatically apply these animal class levels via a template so its up to
      the user to add these manually. The procedure will be: Apply the template,
      go to the class tab and add levels of the specific lycanthrope your PC has
      become. Each kind of lycanthrope has a certain number of hitdice so you can
      add these class levels until PCGen will no longer let you, that will give
      you the skill points and such which come from animal levels. The OS will
      indicate that the class levels are Animal.
      --
      ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
      ~ PCGen Content Silverback
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 2, 2005
        Wow I've heard of a fast respone before but never like this. First
        let me say I'm highly impressed with the speed of the reply and that
        PCGEN appears to be an excellent product. Thanks for the quick
        answer.

        > We are on the verge of release candidate for the next production
        release
        > (5.8) of PCGen. One of the new features you will find in it (when
        its out)
        > are animal hitdice levels for lycanthropes which will complete
        support for
        > the Lycanthrope template. The only downside here is that PCGen
        cannot
        > automatically apply these animal class levels via a template so its
        up to
        > the user to add these manually. The procedure will be: Apply the
        template,
        > go to the class tab and add levels of the specific lycanthrope your
        PC has
        > become. Each kind of lycanthrope has a certain number of hitdice so
        you can
        > add these class levels until PCGen will no longer let you, that
        will give
        > you the skill points and such which come from animal levels. The OS
        will
        > indicate that the class levels are Animal.
        > --
        > ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
        > ~ PCGen Content Silverback
      • Eddy Anthony
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 2, 2005
          aikidragon2001 scribed:

          > Wow I've heard of a fast respone before but never like this. First
          > let me say I'm highly impressed with the speed of the reply and that
          > PCGEN appears to be an excellent product. Thanks for the quick
          > answer.

          You're welcome, I hope you are as impressed with the final release as you
          were with my reply speed ;-)
          --
          ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
          ~ PCGen Content Silverback