Lycanthrope Template

  • aikidragon2001
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 2 5:46 PM
      I've finally downloaded pcgen like I've been meaning to for sometime
      now. But I have a question. I've looked over what I've been able to
      find but there is such a wealth of info here and on the pcgen site
      I'm not sure of something. Does anyone know what the status of the
      Lycanthrope template is?
    • Eddy Anthony
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 2 5:53 PM
        aikidragon2001 scribed:

        > I've finally downloaded pcgen like I've been meaning to for sometime
        > now. But I have a question. I've looked over what I've been able to
        > find but there is such a wealth of info here and on the pcgen site
        > I'm not sure of something. Does anyone know what the status of the
        > Lycanthrope template is?

        We are on the verge of release candidate for the next production release
        (5.8) of PCGen. One of the new features you will find in it (when its out)
        are animal hitdice levels for lycanthropes which will complete support for
        the Lycanthrope template. The only downside here is that PCGen cannot
        automatically apply these animal class levels via a template so its up to
        the user to add these manually. The procedure will be: Apply the template,
        go to the class tab and add levels of the specific lycanthrope your PC has
        become. Each kind of lycanthrope has a certain number of hitdice so you can
        add these class levels until PCGen will no longer let you, that will give
        you the skill points and such which come from animal levels. The OS will
        indicate that the class levels are Animal.
        --
        ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
        ~ PCGen Content Silverback
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 2 6:35 PM
          Wow I've heard of a fast respone before but never like this. First
          let me say I'm highly impressed with the speed of the reply and that
          PCGEN appears to be an excellent product. Thanks for the quick
          answer.

          > We are on the verge of release candidate for the next production
          release
          > (5.8) of PCGen. One of the new features you will find in it (when
          its out)
          > are animal hitdice levels for lycanthropes which will complete
          support for
          > the Lycanthrope template. The only downside here is that PCGen
          cannot
          > automatically apply these animal class levels via a template so its
          up to
          > the user to add these manually. The procedure will be: Apply the
          template,
          > go to the class tab and add levels of the specific lycanthrope your
          PC has
          > become. Each kind of lycanthrope has a certain number of hitdice so
          you can
          > add these class levels until PCGen will no longer let you, that
          will give
          > you the skill points and such which come from animal levels. The OS
          will
          > indicate that the class levels are Animal.
          > --
          > ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
          > ~ PCGen Content Silverback
        • Eddy Anthony
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 2 6:38 PM
            aikidragon2001 scribed:

            > Wow I've heard of a fast respone before but never like this. First
            > let me say I'm highly impressed with the speed of the reply and that
            > PCGEN appears to be an excellent product. Thanks for the quick
            > answer.

            You're welcome, I hope you are as impressed with the final release as you
            were with my reply speed ;-)
            --
            ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
            ~ PCGen Content Silverback