Re: [pcgen] Re: Ur-Priest problems

  • Kevin Brown
    Message 1 of 42 , Mar 1 7:31 PM
      > Interesting. Can someone point me to the reference where it says base fortitude? Complete
      > Divine only specifies Fort +3 in the class description.

      how about right to the class itself.
      Complete Divine, Page 70
      Base Save Bonus: Fort +3, Will +3

      Notice that it says Base Save Bonus, not just Save Bonus
    • Andrew Wilson
      Message 42 of 42 , Mar 2 11:20 AM
        On Tue, Mar 01, 2005 at 08:25:23PM -0700, Kevin Brown wrote:
        > The problem is that max ranks is set based on ALL of your classes Class skills
        > combined with your total level. So it is Level specific, not class specific.
        > This means that if you took a level of ranger at 4 or a level of ranger at 7,
        > your max ranks for the Ranger skills would be different.

        This is not a problem, The skills are currently allocated level by
        level. As you allocate skills, each level knows what class it's for.
        The program also knows what classes you've taken at all the levels below
        this, so you should be able to set a maximum value for each skill at
        each level. All you need to do then is cap it at the maximum for this
        skill at this level, given the classes the character already has.

        All you really need to check is, what what character level is this, do
        any of the classes I already have have this skill on their class list?
        is so then max level for the skill at this level is This level + 3. If
        it's not on any of my classes skill list, then it's (this level + 3)/2.

        It think (I may be wrong) that it's impossible to generate illegal
        characters with that check in place.

        andrew
        --
        Virgo: (Aug. 23 - Sept. 22)
        It's nice that you're reading to the elderly, but people are