Just a suggestion

  • frank_kliewe
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2005

      I know with everybody's mind set on the release of 5.8 this is
      probably not the best time for a request like this, but I would like
      to hear if anybody else but me would find this useful:

      Lately I was thinking that a POPUP-tag would be useful. This might
      have the form POPUP:MsgName and would open a PopUp-Window to display
      the given message.

      This would come quite handy, when you have to display information
      about something to the user, that is only of interest when the
      program is used, but does not necessarily belong on the OS.

      When entering data from MSRD_arcana lately I had problems with the
      MODERN purchase system. With a POPUP tag I could give a message to
      make 2 Wealth checks, without having to include this in an SPROP
      message.

      In a quick lookaround, I found further examples that would benefit
      from this:
      - the spycraft OS displays a message that you can use only 1
      vehicle for the output to work. This is of no interest for the
      player after he has printed the sheet.
      - for prerequisits that cannot be coded in PCGEN there is the
      PRETEXT tag. This is only visible in the item description of PCGEN
      where it may easily be overlooked and when you run the program on a
      low resolution screen, it may not be visible at all.

      There surely are further cases that would benefit from this. So does
      anybody think this would be useful enough to make it a FREQ?

      Cheerio,

      Frank Kliewe
      PCGEN Data Lemur