Magical Badge

  • Tom Wagner
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 7, 2005
      I'm trying to make a magical badge that works like a cloak of
      resistance +1. I start in Amulets, select an Brooch, select
      customize, and give it a resistance bonus of +1. However, either
      I'm doing something wrong, or there's a bug in PCGEN. When I equip
      a character with this new item, the character does get a +1 bonus to
      saves for Fortitude, Reflex, and Will. However a miscellaneous
      modifier of +0 to Fortitude, -1 to Reflex, and -1 to Will also
      appears. Where are the two -1's coming from?

      Help!!!

      P.S. They don't exist before I equip the character with this magic
      item.

      Tom Wagner
    • Paul W. King
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 7, 2005
        What version of PCGen are you using? What version of java are you on? What
        game mode are you in? What datasets do you have loaded? What was your
        character like that you got this error on?

        I duplicated your steps using PCGen 5.7.14, java 1.4.2_06-b03, game mode
        35e, full RSRD, NG Human Ftr 1, 10s in all stats. I created the custom item
        and equipped it and got the proper bonus.

        Paul W. King
        TM SB, OGL/PL Chimp, Data Gibbon, BoD

        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 7, 2005
          I'm using PCGEN 5.6.1, Java 2 Runtime environment SE V 1.4.2_03, and
          game mode is D&D v3.5e, the only data sets loaded are the 3.5
          versions of PHB, DMG, and MM. The character is 28 point buy (Living
          Greyhawk) and is a Cleric1/Enchantress4. Alignment is True Neutral
          and race human.

          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Paul W. King" <paulking.rhochi@v...>
          wrote:
          > What version of PCGen are you using? What version of java are you
          on? What
          > game mode are you in? What datasets do you have loaded? What was
          your
          > character like that you got this error on?
          >
          > I duplicated your steps using PCGen 5.7.14, java 1.4.2_06-b03,
          game mode
          > 35e, full RSRD, NG Human Ftr 1, 10s in all stats. I created the
          custom item
          > and equipped it and got the proper bonus.
          >
          > Paul W. King
          > TM SB, OGL/PL Chimp, Data Gibbon, BoD

        • Paul W. King
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 8, 2005
            Ah, you're using CMP's data. In that case, you'll need to take your data
            error up with them. We don't have anything to do with how CMP does their
            data.

            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 8, 2005
              Verified as a bug in PCGen the program, not the data.

              It is recreateable using PCGen 5.6.1 and the RSRD only.

              That said, however, what ever caused the bug in PCGEN 5.6.1 code has been fixed in 5.7.14. At this point, hand doctor the sheet and
              in a month (or so) when 5.8 comes out, CMP will update their datasets and all will be well.

              -- david
              Papa-DRB

              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 8, 2005
                Thanks people. I prefer to stick with a version of PCGEN that
                matches the CMP data files I bought. I guess I'll write the
                correction on the sheet and wait for 5.8 and the matching data set
                release. It's good to know I'm not doing something wrong when I
                created the item!