Re: [pcgen] [BUG] [Trackered] Sole natural weapon damage

  • Eddy Anthony
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 2, 2005
      Barak scribed:

      > Well, since you seem to be asking for opinions, I'll toss mine in (along
      > with a little clarification).
      >
      > We had this clarified for us (CMP) by WotC directly... It only gets applied
      > when they have a *single* natural attack. (Not a single type of attack, but
      > a single attack).
      >
      > In other words... Two claws is NOT a single natural attack. Nor do they get
      > the bonus for only using one of their many attacks (it'd be like trying to
      > use your own fist two-handed, not gonna work :p).
      >
      > To be 100% on with the rules, you need to add
      > BONUS:WEAPONPROF=yyyy|DAMAGE|STR/2 to each of the races that meet this
      > criteria, not apply a blanket that can lead to incorrect numbers...
      >
      > Barak

      Yeah I was asking for just that, I came to the same conclusion about 5
      minutes ago while I was looking at the Hydra which has a single attack type
      (Bite) but it gets 12 of them. There's likely other issue as well but that
      pretty much puts the nails in the coffin for doing it in the gameMode.

      Looks like adding the bonus to the individual creatures which qualify is
      going to be the way to go. Thanks Barak.
      --
      ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
      ~ PCGen Content Silverback