Re: Question regarding Feats (From 3.5 MM)

  • James Blakeney
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 2, 2005
      Will this work as well on the psionic power Claws of the Beast? It
      does grant a natural attack. :)
      > Mark Ludwig scribed:
      >
      > > I'm trying to use a feat called Improved Natural Attack. When I give
      > > this to a creature, this description looks good, but it doesn't
      > > change anything in the attack table. Matter of fact, when selecting
      > > this feat, shouldn't it ask which natural weapon it effects?
      > >
      > > Anyway, not sure if it's a bug, or if it's working as intended.
      >
      > Improved Natural Attack does not have any code to cause the feats
      effect.
      > Possibly this is because the tag needed for it to work, DAMAGESIZE,
      was only
      > recently documented.
      >
      > > Just out of curiousity, how whould I change the .lst file to increase
      > > a given weapons damage to the next size catagory??
      >
      > It will work by adding these tags to the feat:
      >
      > MULT:YES
      > CHOOSE:WEAPONPROFS|TYPE.Natural
      > BONUS:WEAPONPROF=%LIST|DAMAGESIZE|1
      >
      > It will then present a list of Natural attacks to choose from. Be
      aware that
      > because of the PREITEM tag you may need to Equip the natural weapons
      to an
      > Equipset before you will qualify for the Feat.
      >
      > > Thank you for the info
      >
      > I've added this as a Freq for 5.8 since it's simple and basically done.
      > [ 1115114 ] [RSRD] Improved Natural Attack
      >
      > The only thing left to do is hunt down all the places this feat is
      granted
      > in the race and template files and set them to a specific attack. Mostly
      > this has already been done so those monsters which have this feat
      should now
      > get the bonus to their natural attack damage. I just need to verify that
      > their natural attack entries were not bumped up to compensate for
      the fact
      > that this feat did not work at the time the entries were made.
      > --
      > ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
      > ~ PCGen Content Silverback
    • Eddy Anthony
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 2, 2005
        James Blakeney scribed:

        > Will this work as well on the psionic power Claws of the Beast? It
        > does grant a natural attack. :)

        The Power does grant a natural attack but the LST entry itself does not
        attach a NATURALATTACK tag to the PC so no as is this would not work. You
        could however make a template with this attack in it, once applied you could
        then choose the feat and this attack would be one of the choices.

        This will be slightly more work than I first though, currently the monsters
        with this feat have an entry for damage which matches what is listed in the
        text. Of coarse the text takes this feat into account so the damage will
        need to be bumped down so that it will still match the text when this feat
        is enabled. There's only 20 or so instances of this so it's not a huge deal
        of work.
        --
        ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
        ~ PCGen Content Silverback