Re: [pcgen] Question regarding Feats (From 3.5 MM)

  • Eddy Anthony
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 2, 2005
      Mark Ludwig scribed:

      > I'm trying to use a feat called Improved Natural Attack. When I give
      > this to a creature, this description looks good, but it doesn't
      > change anything in the attack table. Matter of fact, when selecting
      > this feat, shouldn't it ask which natural weapon it effects?
      >
      > Anyway, not sure if it's a bug, or if it's working as intended.

      Improved Natural Attack does not have any code to cause the feats effect.
      Possibly this is because the tag needed for it to work, DAMAGESIZE, was only
      recently documented.

      > Just out of curiousity, how whould I change the .lst file to increase
      > a given weapons damage to the next size catagory??

      It will work by adding these tags to the feat:

      MULT:YES
      CHOOSE:WEAPONPROFS|TYPE.Natural
      BONUS:WEAPONPROF=%LIST|DAMAGESIZE|1

      It will then present a list of Natural attacks to choose from. Be aware that
      because of the PREITEM tag you may need to Equip the natural weapons to an
      Equipset before you will qualify for the Feat.

      > Thank you for the info

      I've added this as a Freq for 5.8 since it's simple and basically done.
      [ 1115114 ] [RSRD] Improved Natural Attack

      The only thing left to do is hunt down all the places this feat is granted
      in the race and template files and set them to a specific attack. Mostly
      this has already been done so those monsters which have this feat should now
      get the bonus to their natural attack damage. I just need to verify that
      their natural attack entries were not bumped up to compensate for the fact
      that this feat did not work at the time the entries were made.
      --
      ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
      ~ PCGen Content Silverback
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 2, 2005
        Will this work as well on the psionic power Claws of the Beast? It
        does grant a natural attack. :)
        > Mark Ludwig scribed:
        >
        > > I'm trying to use a feat called Improved Natural Attack. When I give
        > > this to a creature, this description looks good, but it doesn't
        > > change anything in the attack table. Matter of fact, when selecting
        > > this feat, shouldn't it ask which natural weapon it effects?
        > >
        > > Anyway, not sure if it's a bug, or if it's working as intended.
        >
        > Improved Natural Attack does not have any code to cause the feats
        effect.
        > Possibly this is because the tag needed for it to work, DAMAGESIZE,
        was only
        > recently documented.
        >
        > > Just out of curiousity, how whould I change the .lst file to increase
        > > a given weapons damage to the next size catagory??
        >
        > It will work by adding these tags to the feat:
        >
        > MULT:YES
        > CHOOSE:WEAPONPROFS|TYPE.Natural
        > BONUS:WEAPONPROF=%LIST|DAMAGESIZE|1
        >
        > It will then present a list of Natural attacks to choose from. Be
        aware that
        > because of the PREITEM tag you may need to Equip the natural weapons
        to an
        > Equipset before you will qualify for the Feat.
        >
        > > Thank you for the info
        >
        > I've added this as a Freq for 5.8 since it's simple and basically done.
        > [ 1115114 ] [RSRD] Improved Natural Attack
        >
        > The only thing left to do is hunt down all the places this feat is
        granted
        > in the race and template files and set them to a specific attack. Mostly
        > this has already been done so those monsters which have this feat
        should now
        > get the bonus to their natural attack damage. I just need to verify that
        > their natural attack entries were not bumped up to compensate for
        the fact
        > that this feat did not work at the time the entries were made.
        > --
        > ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
        > ~ PCGen Content Silverback
      • Eddy Anthony
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 2, 2005
          James Blakeney scribed:

          > Will this work as well on the psionic power Claws of the Beast? It
          > does grant a natural attack. :)

          The Power does grant a natural attack but the LST entry itself does not
          attach a NATURALATTACK tag to the PC so no as is this would not work. You
          could however make a template with this attack in it, once applied you could
          then choose the feat and this attack would be one of the choices.

          This will be slightly more work than I first though, currently the monsters
          with this feat have an entry for damage which matches what is listed in the
          text. Of coarse the text takes this feat into account so the damage will
          need to be bumped down so that it will still match the text when this feat
          is enabled. There's only 20 or so instances of this so it's not a huge deal
          of work.
          --
          ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
          ~ PCGen Content Silverback