Re: Classskill selection for Experts in 3.5

  • taluroniscandar
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2005
      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, sir_ollibolli@y... wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > I am converting NPC's from "Life's Bazaar" to 3.5. When I tried to
      > build an Expert3/Illusionist1 Gnome (3 expert levels first), I had a
      > problem with the skill point cost for the selected Class skills for
      > the Expert. Even though I had selected a skill as class skill it was
      > treated as cross-class skill during the distribution of skill points.
      >
      > I tried to circumvent this problem by manually doubling the number of
      > skillpoints available, but it became problematic with skills, that
      > weren't class skills of the wizard, where only 3.5 ranks where
      > available as a maximum (4th level NPC, max ranks = 7, max cross-class
      > = 3.5).
      >
      > I hope you can reproduce this behaviour. I know, that I can change
      > the skill point cost for class skills in the LST-files, but I wanted
      > to let you know about this problem first.
      >
      > Thanks in advance,
      > sir_ollibolli
      >
      > PS: You guys rock! PC gen is an invaluable tool for my campaign.

      ADD:CLASSSKILLS, which is used to select the experts extra class
      skills, has been reported as not working. That would be causing this.
    • ovka
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 1, 2005
        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, sir_ollibolli@y... wrote:
        > I am converting NPC's from "Life's Bazaar" to 3.5.

        Speaking of which, has anyone approached Paizo Publishing about
        producing PCGen datasets? I know that they aren't OGL, but it sure
        would be nice to have the NPC's from the Dungeon Magazine adventures
        already entered if we could get the proper permissions. I'm about to
        start a Shackled City campaign myself.

        Cheers,

        Sir George Anonymous