RC vs PR

  • theryonstormrune
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2005
      Ok, we're about to see the release of 5.8 which is a Release
      Candidate. 5.6.1 is the latest Production Release. What does it
      take for a release candidate to become a production release. The
      reason I'm asking is I'm looking forward to when CMP updates their
      datasets for the newer (and better) PCGen.

      Theryon
    • Steven Gilroy
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 1, 2005
        A Release Candidate is between a Beta and Production Release. Basically
        they freeze everything and put out RC1 and a set of things that they
        know will not be fixed for 5.8. People pound on it and if any major
        problems are found they are fixed and put into RC2. This goes on until
        they feel that it will be Production quality and then release 5.8.

        --

        Steven Gilroy
        PCGen OS Lemur