Re: More SPycraft Troubles

  • kigmatzomat
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 5, 2005
      > On 1/4/05 2:33 PM, "Smigs" <backstabbinbob@y...> wrote:
      >
      > > D-2 Military Operations race doesn't enforce the applying stat
      > > penalties when selected...
      >
      > Does anyone know a way to make the ADD:FEAT tag require a choice to be
      > taken?

      The "evil" solution is to apply penalties to automatically and have
      the ADD:FEAT provide a counter bonus to all but the relevant one.

      i.e. if the rules say you take a -2 to str, con, or int
      CLASS:foo
      1 BONUS:STAT|STR|-2 BONUS:STAT|CON|-2 BONUS:STAT|INT|-2
      ADD:FEAT(Penalty)

      Assuming the feat Penalty has a chooser between hidden feats penaltry
      STR, penaltry CON and penalty INT:

      penalty STR BONUS:STAT|CON|2 BONUS:STAT|INT|2
      penalty CON BONUS:STAT|STR|2 BONUS:STAT|INT|2
      penalty INT BONUS:STAT|CON|2 BONUS:STAT|STR|2

      This way anyone cheats out of it and you nuke them.

      Dunno if it's what you'd want to do for a release.

      -James McP
    • thoron-tir-gwaith@lycos.com
      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 5, 2005
        Nice idea James. Might be better just to adjust the COSTs of the two feats, penalize them on the stat bonus, and reset it with the negative..

        Tir Gwaith
        LST Chimp

        > > Does anyone know a way to make the ADD:FEAT tag require a choice to be
        > > taken?
        >
        > The "evil" solution is to apply penalties to automatically and have
        > the ADD:FEAT provide a counter bonus to all but the relevant one.
        >
        > i.e. if the rules say you take a -2 to str, con, or int
        > CLASS:foo
        > 1 BONUS:STAT|STR|-2 BONUS:STAT|CON|-2 BONUS:STAT|INT|-2
        > ADD:FEAT(Penalty)
        >
        > Assuming the feat Penalty has a chooser between hidden feats penaltry
        > STR, penaltry CON and penalty INT:
        >
        > penalty STR BONUS:STAT|CON|2 BONUS:STAT|INT|2
        > penalty CON BONUS:STAT|STR|2 BONUS:STAT|INT|2
        > penalty INT BONUS:STAT|CON|2 BONUS:STAT|STR|2
        >
        > This way anyone cheats out of it and you nuke them.
        >
        > Dunno if it's what you'd want to do for a release.
        >
        > -James McP
      • taluroniscandar
        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 5, 2005
          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Smigs" <backstabbinbob@y...> wrote:

          > playing around with it...
          > it seems the D-0 race has a flaw
          >
          > taking it with just FIxer, or Mentalist classes (thusfar) causes the
          > same error...
          > (Testing Fixer with D-1 Race, did not reproduce the problem)

          I thought Race was one of the lst types where "-" is a no-no.
          It might eb part of the problem.

          I notice that rsrd half-orc and half-elf do have them though - has
          this changed?
        • taluroniscandar
          Message 4 of 11 , Jan 5, 2005
            --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "kigmatzomat" <jamesmcp@g...> wrote:

            > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Eddy Anthony <eddyba@m...> wrote:
            > > On 1/4/05 2:33 PM, "Smigs" <backstabbinbob@y...> wrote:
            > >
            > > > D-2 Military Operations race doesn't enforce the applying stat
            > > > penalties when selected...
            > >
            > > Does anyone know a way to make the ADD:FEAT tag require a choice to be
            > > taken?

            Do you mean force the user to choose something whilst in the pop-up?
            AFAIK, no.
          • Eddy
            Message 5 of 11 , Jan 5, 2005
              --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "taluroniscandar" <mhgj@e...> wrote:

              > > > Does anyone know a way to make the ADD:FEAT tag require a choice to be
              > > > taken?
              > >
              > Do you mean force the user to choose something whilst in the pop-up?
              > AFAIK, no.

              Yeah, thats what I meant. Thought that might be the case. I like the idea James presented
              on having the feat counter a penalty so if you don't select something you really get nailed.

              --
              ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
              ~ PCGen Content Silverback
              Message 6 of 11 , Jan 6, 2005
                OK I think I've found fixes for these last few but reports. I learned that
                the LEVEL template tag does not increment the featpool the same way that
                ADD:FEAT does, when you add feats with the LEVEL tag it subtracts a point
                from your featpool as if you had added it manually. The work around was to
                make the hidden feats I am calling with the LEVEL tag set to COST:0 then the
                feat pool is unaffected. While looking at this I found that the D-2 stat
                bonus/penalty feats WERE set to COST:0 but since they were added vie the
                ADD:FEAT tag that actually added 2 points to the feat pool. That's been
                fixed. While I was in there I set it up so that if you don't choose both the
                stat bonus and stat penalty selections ALL your stats are penalized, though
                if you don't take either of them you get 2 free feat points, I don't know
                how to prevent that.

                Thanks again for the bug reports, you keep posting them and I'll keep
                squashing them :)
                --
                ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
                ~ PCGen Content Silverback