Brb bug

  • Lewis F. LaHaise
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 4, 2005
      Good day all
      In the 5.6rc latest version I had a problem. Brb fast movement
      comes and goes. I added +3 Mithral Breastplate to my char and didn't
      get the 40' movement. I am using the new RSRDs and Arcanis source
      stuff as my need is for a LA char generator.
      Lewis LaHaise
    • Paul W. King
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 4, 2005
        Do you have this issue with 5.7.13? The release candidates for 5.6 were
        released quite some time ago.

        Paul W. King
        TM SB, OGL/PL Chimp, Data Gibbon, BoD

      • thoron-tir-gwaith@lycos.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 5, 2005
          5.6 had issues with Mithral items effecting things right. That has since been fixed (mid-5.7.x series.)

          Using newer datasets with old code isn't effective. Please use the new code with the new datasets. We update the sets soon after code changes, so many times that won't work, and it doesn't help us chase down a bug.

          Tir Gwaith
          LST Chimp

          > Good day all
          > In the 5.6rc latest version I had a problem. Brb fast movement
          > comes and goes. I added +3 Mithral Breastplate to my char and didn't
          > get the 40' movement. I am using the new RSRDs and Arcanis source
          > stuff as my need is for a LA char generator.
          > Lewis LaHaise
        • Lewis F. LaHaise
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 5, 2005
            Gidday
            I am using 5.6 rc3. I found out exactly what goes wrong.
            Mithral doesn't change the breastplate to light armour. I am loathe
            to download for 3-4 hours the new codes but i guess I must. Funny
            how mithral does all else it's supposed to!
            Ciao Lewis
          • Kevin Brown
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 6, 2005
              > I am using 5.6 rc3. I found out exactly what goes wrong.
              > Mithral doesn't change the breastplate to light armour. I am loathe
              > to download for 3-4 hours the new codes but i guess I must. Funny
              > how mithral does all else it's supposed to!

              Egads... The rc3 is even older than 5.6. It was a release candidate before 5.6
              was released. At the very least you should update to the latest stable which is
              5.6.1 for normal use.

              The 5.7.x line is the betas heading towards the stable 5.8 version and as such
              have lots of fixes in them, but aren't guaranteed to work with older files that
              worked under 5.6.