More SPycraft Troubles

  • Smigs
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 4, 2005
      generated a character,

      Race : D-0 ( bonus feats Appraise, Escape Artist)
      Feat Selected : Traceless

      Class : Faceman 1 , Fixer 1, Faceman 1

      added in that order

      at third level, without selected anything other than what was prompted,
      he has 0 feats to select...
      instead of the 2 it should be...

      if he selects a feat at 1st level, he has -1 to select at 3rd..
    • Smigs
      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 4, 2005
        playing around with it...
        it seems the D-0 race has a flaw

        taking it with just FIxer, or Mentalist classes (thusfar) causes the
        same error...
        (Testing Fixer with D-1 Race, did not reproduce the problem)

        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 4, 2005
          On a side note ... the
          D-2 Military Operations race doesn't enforce the applying stat
          penalties when selected...
          one can just hit the "close" option and not have to apply the
          penalties...

          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Smigs" <backstabbinbob@y...> wrote:

          > generated a character,
          >
          > Race : D-0 ( bonus feats Appraise, Escape Artist)
          > Feat Selected : Traceless
          >

          > Class : Faceman 1 , Fixer 1, Faceman 1
          >
          > added in that order
          >
          > at third level, without selected anything other than what was prompted,
          > he has 0 feats to select...
          > instead of the 2 it should be...
          >
          > if he selects a feat at 1st level, he has -1 to select at 3rd..
        • Eddy Anthony
          Message 4 of 11 , Jan 4, 2005
            Seems we have a code bug. The D-0 department adds a template which has
            several LEVEL tags on it that add hidden department feats. If this template
            is commented out (preventing it from being added) the feat pool works out
            correctly, though the department abilities are not added. When left in the
            feats granted by the are added at the proper level but then once then next
            level is added PCGen subtracts one from the feat pool, very odd. If you
            level the PC up to 4 the next department ability is added and the feat pool
            is unaffected but then at level 5 one more is subtracted from the feat pool.
            The pattern follows after everylevel a feat is granted by the LEVEL tag
            which leads me to believe its the problem and why I think its code related,
            I can see nothing wrong with the LST.
            --
            ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
            ~ PCGen Content Silverback

            Message 5 of 11 , Jan 4, 2005
              On 1/4/05 2:33 PM, "Smigs" <backstabbinbob@...> wrote:

              > On a side note ... the
              > D-2 Military Operations race doesn't enforce the applying stat
              > penalties when selected...
              > one can just hit the "close" option and not have to apply the
              > penalties...

              Well that's just cheating isn't it ;)

              Does anyone know a way to make the ADD:FEAT tag require a choice to be
              taken?
              --
              ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
              ~ PCGen Content Silverback
              Message 6 of 11 , Jan 5, 2005
                > On 1/4/05 2:33 PM, "Smigs" <backstabbinbob@y...> wrote:
                >
                > > D-2 Military Operations race doesn't enforce the applying stat
                > > penalties when selected...
                >
                > Does anyone know a way to make the ADD:FEAT tag require a choice to be
                > taken?

                The "evil" solution is to apply penalties to automatically and have
                the ADD:FEAT provide a counter bonus to all but the relevant one.

                i.e. if the rules say you take a -2 to str, con, or int
                CLASS:foo
                1 BONUS:STAT|STR|-2 BONUS:STAT|CON|-2 BONUS:STAT|INT|-2
                ADD:FEAT(Penalty)

                Assuming the feat Penalty has a chooser between hidden feats penaltry
                STR, penaltry CON and penalty INT:

                penalty STR BONUS:STAT|CON|2 BONUS:STAT|INT|2
                penalty CON BONUS:STAT|STR|2 BONUS:STAT|INT|2
                penalty INT BONUS:STAT|CON|2 BONUS:STAT|STR|2

                This way anyone cheats out of it and you nuke them.

                Dunno if it's what you'd want to do for a release.

                -James McP
              • thoron-tir-gwaith@lycos.com
                Message 7 of 11 , Jan 5, 2005
                  Nice idea James. Might be better just to adjust the COSTs of the two feats, penalize them on the stat bonus, and reset it with the negative..

                  Tir Gwaith
                  LST Chimp

                  > > Does anyone know a way to make the ADD:FEAT tag require a choice to be
                  > > taken?
                  >
                  > The "evil" solution is to apply penalties to automatically and have
                  > the ADD:FEAT provide a counter bonus to all but the relevant one.
                  >
                  > i.e. if the rules say you take a -2 to str, con, or int
                  > CLASS:foo
                  > 1 BONUS:STAT|STR|-2 BONUS:STAT|CON|-2 BONUS:STAT|INT|-2
                  > ADD:FEAT(Penalty)
                  >
                  > Assuming the feat Penalty has a chooser between hidden feats penaltry
                  > STR, penaltry CON and penalty INT:
                  >
                  > penalty STR BONUS:STAT|CON|2 BONUS:STAT|INT|2
                  > penalty CON BONUS:STAT|STR|2 BONUS:STAT|INT|2
                  > penalty INT BONUS:STAT|CON|2 BONUS:STAT|STR|2
                  >
                  > This way anyone cheats out of it and you nuke them.
                  >
                  > Dunno if it's what you'd want to do for a release.
                  >
                  > -James McP
                • taluroniscandar
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jan 5, 2005
                    --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Smigs" <backstabbinbob@y...> wrote:

                    > playing around with it...
                    > it seems the D-0 race has a flaw
                    >
                    > taking it with just FIxer, or Mentalist classes (thusfar) causes the
                    > same error...
                    > (Testing Fixer with D-1 Race, did not reproduce the problem)

                    I thought Race was one of the lst types where "-" is a no-no.
                    It might eb part of the problem.

                    I notice that rsrd half-orc and half-elf do have them though - has
                    this changed?
                  • taluroniscandar
                    Message 9 of 11 , Jan 5, 2005
                      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "kigmatzomat" <jamesmcp@g...> wrote:

                      > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Eddy Anthony <eddyba@m...> wrote:
                      > > On 1/4/05 2:33 PM, "Smigs" <backstabbinbob@y...> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > > D-2 Military Operations race doesn't enforce the applying stat
                      > > > penalties when selected...
                      > >
                      > > Does anyone know a way to make the ADD:FEAT tag require a choice to be
                      > > taken?

                      Do you mean force the user to choose something whilst in the pop-up?
                      AFAIK, no.
                    • Eddy
                      Message 10 of 11 , Jan 5, 2005
                        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "taluroniscandar" <mhgj@e...> wrote:

                        > > > Does anyone know a way to make the ADD:FEAT tag require a choice to be
                        > > > taken?
                        > >
                        > Do you mean force the user to choose something whilst in the pop-up?
                        > AFAIK, no.

                        Yeah, thats what I meant. Thought that might be the case. I like the idea James presented
                        on having the feat counter a penalty so if you don't select something you really get nailed.

                        --
                        ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
                        ~ PCGen Content Silverback
                        Message 11 of 11 , Jan 6, 2005
                          OK I think I've found fixes for these last few but reports. I learned that
                          the LEVEL template tag does not increment the featpool the same way that
                          ADD:FEAT does, when you add feats with the LEVEL tag it subtracts a point
                          from your featpool as if you had added it manually. The work around was to
                          make the hidden feats I am calling with the LEVEL tag set to COST:0 then the
                          feat pool is unaffected. While looking at this I found that the D-2 stat
                          bonus/penalty feats WERE set to COST:0 but since they were added vie the
                          ADD:FEAT tag that actually added 2 points to the feat pool. That's been
                          fixed. While I was in there I set it up so that if you don't choose both the
                          stat bonus and stat penalty selections ALL your stats are penalized, though
                          if you don't take either of them you get 2 free feat points, I don't know
                          how to prevent that.

                          Thanks again for the bug reports, you keep posting them and I'll keep
                          squashing them :)
                          --
                          ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
                          ~ PCGen Content Silverback