Filters

  • Brad Sumner
    Message 1 of 16 , Jan 4, 2005
      Is there a way to create a custom filter that will make only things that
      a character qualifies for show on the lists of skills, feats, deities,
      classes and so on

      --
      Brad Sumner
      ITOH City Manager Harid'Zadar
      Message 2 of 16 , Jun 2, 2008
        How can a user create a filter in PCGen? (Speaking of which, can a user
        create a filter in PCGen?)
      • James Dempsey
        Message 3 of 16 , Jun 2, 2008

          2008/6/3 bleaciu <bleaciu@...>:

          > How can a user create a filter in PCGen? (Speaking of which, can a user
          > create a filter in PCGen?)

          All the filters available are defined in code, but generally run from the
          data (so the types come from data, but filtering by type is defined in the
          code).

          What did you want to filter and what by?

          James Dempsey
          PCGen Code SB

        • Caleb Ulfers
          Message 4 of 16 , Jun 2, 2008
            I want to filter monsters by intelligence score.

             Caleb Ulfers

            Message 5 of 16 , Jun 24, 2008
              So, how am I supposed to do this?

              Message 6 of 16 , Jun 25, 2008
                Hi Caleb,

                I don't think it is possible at this time. You'd have to do some Java
                coding to create a filter based on intelligence and then get that
                included in a release. I've flagged this for tracker monkey to raise
                this as a feature request (please).

                Depending on what this for (I have a vague recollection it involved
                animal companions) you might want to check out the
                data/srd35/basics/rsrd_companionmods file and see if any of that is
                adaptable to your needs.

                Cheers,
                James.

                On 25/06/2008 2:21 PM Caleb Ulfers wrote
                > So, how am I supposed to do this?
                > Caleb Ulfers

              • Martijn Verburg
                Message 7 of 16 , Jun 25, 2008
                  Trackered 2002363 Filter monsters on INT - K

                  Message 8 of 16 , Jul 13, 2008
                    I found out how to create and apply filters inside PCGen; is there a way for a feat to call a filter, or does the filter have to be applied manually by the user?
                     Caleb Ulfers

                    Trackered 2002363 Filter monsters on INT - K

                    > Hi Caleb,
                    >
                    > I don't think it is possible at this time. You'd have to do some Java
                    > coding to create a filter based on intelligence and then get that
                    > included in a release. I've flagged this for tracker monkey to raise
                    > this as a feature request (please).
                    >
                    > Depending on what this for (I have a vague recollection it involved
                    > animal companions) you might want to check out the
                    > data/srd35/basics/ rsrd_companionmo ds file and see if any of that is
                    > adaptable to your needs.
                    >
                    > Cheers,
                    > James.
                    >
                    > On 25/06/2008 2:21 PM Caleb Ulfers wrote
                    > > So, how am I supposed to do this?
                    > > Caleb Ulfers

                  • Tir Gwaith
                    Message 9 of 16 , Jul 13, 2008
                      On Sun, Jul 13, 2008 at 8:00 PM, Caleb Ulfers <bleaciu@...> wrote:
                      > I found out how to create and apply filters inside PCGen; is there a way for a feat to call a filter, or does the filter have to be applied manually by the user?
                      > Caleb Ulfers

                      A Filter is strictly a User Interface thing. What are you trying to do?

                      PCGen LST Chimp
                    • Tir Gwaith
                      Message 10 of 16 , Jul 13, 2008
                        On Sun, Jul 13, 2008 at 8:00 PM, Caleb Ulfers <bleaciu@...> wrote:
                        > I found out how to create and apply filters inside PCGen; is there a way for a feat to call a filter, or does the filter have to be applied manually by the user?
                        > Caleb Ulfers

                        A Filter is strictly a User Interface thing. What are you trying to do?

                        PCGen LST Chimp
                      • CalebU
                        Message 11 of 16 , Feb 25, 2011
                          Is it possible to create a filter that filters multiple qualities of a character (i.e., size and type)? I am asking on this group versus the listfilehelp group because my question has to do with sorting existing data, versus creating it.
                          Message 12 of 16 , Feb 27, 2011
                            *bump*

                            On 2/25/2011 8:37 PM, CalebU wrote:
                            > Is it possible to create a filter that filters multiple qualities of a character (i.e., size and type)? I am asking on this group versus the listfilehelp group because my question has to do with sorting existing data, versus creating it.

                            > PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

                          • Andrew Wilson
                            Message 13 of 16 , Feb 28, 2011
                              On 27 February 2011 15:12, Andrew <drew0500@...> wrote:
                              > *bump*
                              >
                              > On 2/25/2011 8:37 PM, CalebU wrote:
                              >> Is it possible to create a filter that filters multiple qualities of a character
                              >> (i.e., size and type)? I am asking on this group versus the listfilehelp
                              >> group because my question has to do with sorting existing data, versus
                              >> creating it.

                              I have no idea what Caleb is asking here. Filters where?

                              If this imaginary filter existed, what would it do?

                              andrew
                            • Susan Dittmar
                              Message 14 of 16 , Feb 28, 2011
                                Quoting Andrew Wilson (andrew@...):
                                > > On 2/25/2011 8:37 PM, CalebU wrote:
                                > >> Is it possible to create a filter that filters multiple qualities of a character
                                > >> (i.e., size and type)? I am asking on this group versus the listfilehelp
                                > >> group because my question has to do with sorting existing data, versus
                                > >> creating it.
                                >
                                > I have no idea what Caleb is asking here. Filters where?

                                I guess he thinks of the race and/or template selection, where you can
                                restrict the list displayed to those fitting some filtering criteria.

                                Susan
                              • Eric C Smith
                                Message 15 of 16 , Feb 28, 2011
                                  Greetings Caleb!

                                  Can you give us a clearer description of what you wish to filter? Which tab are you wishing to do this filtering on?

                                  Thanks!

                                  Maredudd