RE: [pcgen] Re: [5.7.13][autobuild] Spells per Day, yet again

  • Barak
    Message 1 of 29 , Jan 3, 2005

      That's exactly whaat's being asked for. :)

      See the posts Frugal and I exchanged. :p

      Barak
    • tir_gwaith
      Message 2 of 29 , Jan 4, 2005
        > That's exactly whaat's being asked for. :)
        >
        > See the posts Frugal and I exchanged. :p
        >
        > Barak

        Not Quite - the bonus spells follow that progression, and as long as
        a caster can CAST at that level, they get the bonus slots (IIRC, that
        is already done in the system GameMode files somewhere. If not, then
        that is another hardcode we'll have to pull out.)

        From what I read, he was discussing new automatic slots past 20th
        level, while Frugal was mentioning the Bonus spells, which is
        strictly dependent on Ability score and ability to cast a spell
        level. Your comment on the feat per spell level is correct - you can
        get up to 25th level spell slots by spending 16 epic feats.

        Tir Gwaith
        LST Chimp
      • Frugal
        Message 3 of 29 , Jan 4, 2005
          Chris wrote:

          >>On Mon, January 3, 2005 7:38 pm, Chris said:
          >>

          >>>I *think* I know where Devon is coming from.
          >>>
          >>>The levels laid out in the PHB and Epic don't go on infinitely...
          >>>

          >>Yeah they do ;)
          >>
          >>EpicFeats.rtf: (Improved Spell Capacity: Spell slots above 9th level)
          >>"Even though the table only includes ability scores up to 61 and spell
          >>slots up to 25th level, the progression continues infinitely in both
          >>directions. For ability scores beyond 61, or for spell slots above
          >>25th level, expand the table to follow the same patterns as shown."
          >>

          >I stand corrected.
          >
          >Can you tell I don't play Epic? :)
          >
          >Hmm, you'd have to take that feat 16 times to be able to cast one 25th
          >level spell. Seems like a poor return on investment to me. But I
          >suppose there's someone out there that would do that. :p

          especially when you can spend 9 feats to take "Automatic Quicken spell",
          "auto Silent Spell" and "Auto Still Spell" 3 times and have every single
          spell you cast as quickened stilled and silent...

          regards
          Frugal