Re: [pcgen] Re: [5.7.13][autobuild] Spells per Day, yet again

  • Chris
    Message 1 of 29 , Jan 3, 2005
      > On Mon, January 3, 2005 7:38 pm, Chris said:
      > > I *think* I know where Devon is coming from.
      > >
      > > The levels laid out in the PHB and Epic don't go on infinitely...
      >
      > Yeah they do ;)
      >
      > EpicFeats.rtf: (Improved Spell Capacity: Spell slots above 9th level)
      > "Even though the table only includes ability scores up to 61 and spell
      > slots up to 25th level, the progression continues infinitely in both
      > directions. For ability scores beyond 61, or for spell slots above
      > 25th level, expand the table to follow the same patterns as shown."

      I stand corrected.

      Can you tell I don't play Epic? :)

      Hmm, you'd have to take that feat 16 times to be able to cast one 25th
      level spell. Seems like a poor return on investment to me. But I
      suppose there's someone out there that would do that. :p

      > > we'd need to support up to 17th level spells, not infinity (which is

      > Stilled, silent, eshued, maximised, empowered, quickened, empowered
      > prismatic sphere is something like a 25th level spell (more or less).

      Doh... multiple multi-magics... didn't think about that. (I don't
      usually play spellcasters either, yeah, that's it!).

      Barak
    • Devon Jones
      Message 2 of 29 , Jan 3, 2005
        taluroniscandar wrote:

        >>We have no sources to do that. Asking for post 20th level stuff
        >>

        >that is
        >

        >>not epic is essentially new pcgen content, not RSRD - and thus far we
        >>have avoided generating wholely new content of this sort.
        >>

        >Maybe I misunderstand your response Devon but epic rsrd IS a source
        >that does that.

        I think I was minunderstanding - I thought what was being asked for was
        non-epic, infinite progression that followed basically the same path as
        the first 20 levels.

        my bad.

        Devon
      • Barak
        Message 3 of 29 , Jan 3, 2005

          That's exactly whaat's being asked for. :)

          See the posts Frugal and I exchanged. :p

          Barak
        • tir_gwaith
          Message 4 of 29 , Jan 4, 2005
            > That's exactly whaat's being asked for. :)
            >
            > See the posts Frugal and I exchanged. :p
            >
            > Barak

            Not Quite - the bonus spells follow that progression, and as long as
            a caster can CAST at that level, they get the bonus slots (IIRC, that
            is already done in the system GameMode files somewhere. If not, then
            that is another hardcode we'll have to pull out.)

            From what I read, he was discussing new automatic slots past 20th
            level, while Frugal was mentioning the Bonus spells, which is
            strictly dependent on Ability score and ability to cast a spell
            level. Your comment on the feat per spell level is correct - you can
            get up to 25th level spell slots by spending 16 epic feats.

            Tir Gwaith
            LST Chimp
          • Frugal
            Message 5 of 29 , Jan 4, 2005
              Chris wrote:

              >>On Mon, January 3, 2005 7:38 pm, Chris said:
              >>

              >>>I *think* I know where Devon is coming from.
              >>>
              >>>The levels laid out in the PHB and Epic don't go on infinitely...
              >>>

              >>Yeah they do ;)
              >>
              >>EpicFeats.rtf: (Improved Spell Capacity: Spell slots above 9th level)
              >>"Even though the table only includes ability scores up to 61 and spell
              >>slots up to 25th level, the progression continues infinitely in both
              >>directions. For ability scores beyond 61, or for spell slots above
              >>25th level, expand the table to follow the same patterns as shown."
              >>

              >I stand corrected.
              >
              >Can you tell I don't play Epic? :)
              >
              >Hmm, you'd have to take that feat 16 times to be able to cast one 25th
              >level spell. Seems like a poor return on investment to me. But I
              >suppose there's someone out there that would do that. :p

              especially when you can spend 9 feats to take "Automatic Quicken spell",
              "auto Silent Spell" and "Auto Still Spell" 3 times and have every single
              spell you cast as quickened stilled and silent...

              regards
              Frugal