HOWTO: Build intelligent items?

  • acedashdog
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 3, 2005
      I have an item I need to enter, a halberd with Int Ego etc scores,
      can't find how in the Item Customizer - how's it done please?
    • Chris
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 3, 2005
        > I have an item I need to enter, a halberd with Int Ego etc scores,
        > can't find how in the Item Customizer - how's it done please?

        That's not implemented in the data distributed with PCGen yet (nor are
        traps).

        I gave Eddy the work that I did on those two things to be included when
        he got the chance to vet it and get it in, so hopefully someday soon it
        will make it into a release. :)

        If you can't wait, it is implemented in the CMP data sets. They're at
        www.codemonkeypublishing.com (if you've never been there before).

        Barak
      • Eddy Anthony
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 3, 2005
          On 1/3/05 1:01 PM, "acedashdog" <hugh@...> wrote:

          > I have an item I need to enter, a halberd with Int Ego etc scores,
          > can't find how in the Item Customizer - how's it done please?

          PCGen does not support that at this time, I would make a new note in the
          Description Tab and keep track of your halberds scores and abilities there.
          This is a feature we would like to support but additional code work needs to
          be done before that can happen.
          --
          ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
          ~ PCGen Content Silverback
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 3, 2005
            I made a bypass that maybe work for you, I had an intelligent item and
            all the stats were entered as "SPROP" tag.

            My intelligent item:
            Whispering Wind OUTPUTNAME:Circlet, [NAME]
            TYPE:Magic.Wondrous.Headgear COST:10000 WT:.25
            SOURCEPAGE:Njorgard's Codex BONUS:STAT|INT|3|TYPE=Enhancement
            SPROP:INT 15, WIS 13, CHA 14, Ego 7, Spider climb once per day (30
            minutes)

            Maybe is not that fancy but at least it appears as part of the
            equipment, it can be equipped and most important it gaves the
            character the bonus to INT.

            Josue
            aka
            Thaldorf

            > On 1/3/05 1:01 PM, "acedashdog" <hugh@a...> wrote:
            >
            > > I have an item I need to enter, a halberd with Int Ego etc scores,
            > > can't find how in the Item Customizer - how's it done please?

          • Charles Barnett
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 3, 2005
              I was wondering is there a way in PCGen to get spells to associate with
              New Domains that you creat in the lst editors? I am inputing some
              Eberron stuff and I want to know how to get the Spells to associate with
              the New Domains from the Eberron Campaign setting so that PCGen
              recognizes them and they can be selected as domain spells within the
              program. Thanks.

              TheErn
            • tir_gwaith
              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 4, 2005
                This is more a PCGenListFileHelp group question....

                What you are looking for is the DOMAINS tag or SPELLLEVEL:DOMAIN tag,
                depending on how you are going about it (which file).

                Again, I don't encourage use of the LST Editors right now, since they
                are buggy as heck. They are planned to get a revamp post the LST
                format change, which is latter 5.9.x at this point (still in planning
                stages).

                Tir Gwaith
                LST Chimp