[DOCS] BONUS:COMBAT|DAMAGESIZE new tag entry

  • Eddy Anthony
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2005
      I have a Doc Freq to add the DAMAGESIZE property to the BONUS:WEAPON and
      BONUS:WEAPONPROF tag entries and the tracker said it also was valid in the
      BONUS:COMBAT tag though I have received several comments that indicated this
      was not the case. Testing revealed that this is indeed valid and so I have a
      new entry for it here. It would be more useful if it could be used on combat
      types as some of the other tags can (i.e. BONUS:COMBAT|DAMAGESIZE.Melee|1)
      but my testing indicated that it does not work this way. The only use I
      could think of for this tag would be if the PC was enlarged or reduced along
      with all his equipment, this would scale the damage dice for all of it
      including Unarmed damage.
      --
      ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
      ~ PCGen Content Silverback

      Submitted for review
      -------------------------------------
      *** New Entry
      Tag Name: BONUS:COMBAT|DAMAGESIZE|x

      Variables Used (x): Number (Number of steps along the damage dice scale)

      What it does:
      Increases or decreases damage dice size along the same scale as is used for
      weapons size. This effects all damage dice associated with the PC including
      Unarmed damage. The DAMAGESIZE property can also be used in the
      BONUS:WEAPON and BONUS:WEAPONPROF tags. The scale is defined in the
      miscinfo.lst gameMode file and is as follows:

      Base Damage Dice:1d2
      Scaling Up:1d3,1d4,1d6,1d8,2d6,3d6,4d6,6d6,8d6,12d6
      Scaling Down:1,0

      Base Damage Dice:1d3
      Scaling Up:1d4,1d6,1d8,2d6,3d6,4d6,6d6,8d6,12d6
      Scaling Down:1d2,1,0

      Base Damage Dice:1d4
      Scaling Up:1d6,1d8,2d6,3d6,4d6,6d6,8d6,12d6
      Scaling Down:1d3,1d2,1,0

      Base Damage Dice:1d6
      Scaling Up:1d8,2d6,3d6,4d6,6d6,8d6,12d6
      Scaling Down:1d4,1d3,1d2,1

      Base Damage Dice:1d8
      Scaling Up:2d6,3d6,4d6,6d6,8d6,12d6
      Scaling Down:1d6,1d4,1d3,1d2

      Base Damage Dice:1d10
      Scaling Up:2d8,3d8,4d8,6d8,8d8,12d8
      Scaling Down:1d8,1d6,1d4,1d3

      Base Damage Dice:1d12
      Scaling Up:3d6,4d6,6d6,8d6,12d6
      Scaling Down:1d10,1d8,1d6,1d4

      Base Damage Dice:2d4
      Scaling Up:2d6,3d6,4d6,6d6,8d6,12d6
      Scaling Down:1d6,1d4,1d3,1d2

      Base Damage Dice:2d6
      Scaling Up:3d6,4d6,6d6,8d6,12d6
      Scaling Down:1d10,1d8,1d6,1d4

      Base Damage Dice:2d8
      Scaling Up:3d8,4d8,6d8,8d8,12d8
      Scaling Down:2d6,1d10,1d8,1d6

      Base Damage Dice:2d10
      Scaling Up:4d8,6d8,8d8,12d8
      Scaling Down:2d8,2d6,1d10,1d8

      Example:

      BONUS:COMBAT|DAMAGESIZE|2
      If the base damage dice is 1d8 this would scale it up to 3d6.

      BONUS:COMBAT|DAMAGESIZE|-1
      If the base damage dice is 1d4 this would scale it down to 1d3.