Grapple Check

  • marcovreijsen
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 17, 2004
      I added heroes feast to my character via temp. bonuses
      and now i have a +1 misc bonus for grapple.
      But grapple should only be BAB + STR + size (+ misc grapple bonuses).
      It is not an attack roll so it should not get attack roll bonuses.
    • marcovreijsen
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 23, 2004
        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "marcovreijsen" <marcovreijsen@y...> wrote:

        > I added heroes feast to my character via temp. bonuses
        > and now i have a +1 misc bonus for grapple.
        > But grapple should only be BAB + STR + size (+ misc grapple bonuses).
        > It is not an attack roll so it should not get attack roll bonuses.

        From the latest DND35 FAQ.
        ---
        Q I have a monk with the Vow of Poverty feat (from Book of Exalted
        Deeds). Does the exalted strike bonus apply to grapple, sunder,
        disarm, and trip attempts?
        A " The touch attack made to start a grapple is an attack roll (so the
        bonus would apply to this roll), but a grapple check is not an attack
        roll, and thus the bonus wouldn t apply to the grapple check.
        Likewise, the touch attack made to start a trip attack would gain the
        bonus, but the Strength check you make to trip the defender is not an
        attack roll and wouldn t gain the bonus. "
        ---

        So the misc grapple bonus should be fixed to not include attack roll
        bonuses.
      • ravagon@bredband.net
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 26, 2004
          From: "marcovreijsen" <marcovreijsen@...>
          Date: 2004/12/23 to PM 08:32:50 GMT+01:00
          To: pcgen@yahoogroups.com
          Ämne: [pcgen] Re: Grapple Check
          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "marcovreijsen" <marcovreijsen@y...> wrote:

          > I added heroes feast to my character via temp. bonuses
          > and now i have a +1 misc bonus for grapple.
          > But grapple should only be BAB + STR + size (+ misc grapple bonuses).
          > It is not an attack roll so it should not get attack roll bonuses.

          From the latest DND35 FAQ.
          ---
          Q I have a monk with the Vow of Poverty feat (from Book of Exalted
          Deeds). Does the exalted strike bonus apply to grapple, sunder,
          disarm, and trip attempts?
          A " The touch attack made to start a grapple is an attack roll (so the
          bonus would apply to this roll), but a grapple check is not an attack
          roll, and thus the bonus wouldn t apply to the grapple check.
          Likewise, the touch attack made to start a trip attack would gain the
          bonus, but the Strength check you make to trip the defender is not an
          attack roll and wouldn t gain the bonus. "
          ---

          So the misc grapple bonus should be fixed to not include attack roll
          bonuses.

        • Paul W. King
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 26, 2004
            In case anyone wasn't aware, the BoD didn't meet last Sunday and is not
            meeting tonight...and there's a possibility we won't be meeting next Sunday
            as well.

            Paul W. King
            TM SB, OGL/PL Chimp, Data Gibbon, BoD