Source Pane question.

  • Larry D Plympton
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 6, 2004
      Hi all,
      Just downloaded 5.7.11. Briefly checking all of the Sources in
      the Source Pane prior to character creation, I noticed the Fantasy
      Flight Games source info is kinda screwy. I'm not sure if this is a
      bug. To recreate, open PCGen, and expand the nodes next to Fantasy
      Flight Games. Seems to be quite a few duplicate entries, including a
      second Fantasy Flight Games directory. Could some familiar with that
      source look at this? Thanks in advance.

      Larry.
    • Eddy Anthony
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 6, 2004
        On 12/6/04 10:43 AM, "Larry D Plympton" <lplympton@...> wrote:

        > Hi all,
        > Just downloaded 5.7.11. Briefly checking all of the Sources in
        > the Source Pane prior to character creation, I noticed the Fantasy
        > Flight Games source info is kinda screwy. I'm not sure if this is a
        > bug. To recreate, open PCGen, and expand the nodes next to Fantasy
        > Flight Games. Seems to be quite a few duplicate entries, including a
        > second Fantasy Flight Games directory. Could some familiar with that
        > source look at this? Thanks in advance.
        >
        > Larry.

        Just looked into this and I see what the problem is. We were looking at
        changing the source type for the Alpha sets to set them apart from the other
        sets while they were in alpha. We haven't entirely settled how to set this
        up but someone (possibly me) committed one of the FFG sets with this set up.
        We know that the source type can only have three types or PCGen gets
        confused. Apparently PCGen is also confused when it finds the same type in a
        different order than what it sees elsewhere.
        So the solution will be to use completely different types in the
        alternate Alpha types or not do this at all. We'll resolve it one way or the
        other before next release.
        --
        ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
        ~ PCGen Content Silverback