Re: [pcgen] [BUG][TM][5.7.10]GUI Add language broken

  • Frugal
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 6, 2004
      Devon Jones wrote:

      > I really wonder if we should support internationalization at all. First
      >
      >off, our implementation is incomplete, and has effects like this from
      >time to time. Second, no matter how much we internationalize the actual
      >program, all the LST files are in english. Since I just don't see there
      >ever being a group that actually maintains foreign language version of
      >all the lst files I really winder if the added misdirection of
      >internationalization is worth it in the pcgen code.
      >
      >Now, that being said, if there are people here who do use the
      >internationalized versions, and don't care tht the bulkk of the lst
      >files are english only, I would be happy to leave it in.....
      >
      >I just don't suspect that to be the case.

      Well, given that in the past week we have had someone ask how they can
      update the Italian files and someone else offer to write a Spanish
      translation there are at least 2 people out there who want PCGen
      internationalised.

      There are a couple of different ways to internationalise the LST files.
      One way would be to have a file format that allowed multiple languages
      in a single file. Another way would be to have the LST files use an i18n
      key and have a LanguageBundle for the dataset as well.

      regards,
      Frugal