Re: [pcgen] Half Dragon Stat Mods

  • Chris
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 3, 2004
      > Yes it is me again :). Basically I am writing this time to ask if
      > anyone knows where the mods that are being applied by the templates
      > for Half Dragons are gotten from. I checked the RSRD and it only

      Umm, what do you mean? It all comes from the RSRD.

      ####
      HALF-DRAGON
      Half-dragon creatures are always more formidable than others of their
      kind that do not have dragon blood, and their appearance betrays their
      nature¡Xscales, elongated features, reptilian eyes, and exaggerated
      teeth and claws. Sometimes they have wings.
      CREATING A HALF-DRAGON
      ¡§Half-dragon¡¨ is an inherited template that can be added to any living,
      corporeal creature (referred to hereafter as the base creature).
      A half-dragon uses all the base creature¡¦s statistics and special
      abilities except as noted here.
      Size and Type: The creature¡¦s type changes to dragon. Size is
      unchanged. Do not recalculate base attack bonus or saves.
      Hit Dice: Increase base creature¡¦s racial HD by one die size, to a
      maximum of d12. Do not increase class HD.
      Speed: A half-dragon that is Large or larger has wings and can fly at
      twice its base land speed (maximum 120 ft.) with average
      maneuverability. A half-dragon that is Medium or smaller does not have
      wings.
      Armor Class: Natural armor improves by +4.
      Attack: A half-dragon has two claw attacks and a bite attack, and the
      claws are the primary natural weapon. If the base creature can use
      weapons, the half-dragon retains this ability. A half-dragon fighting
      without weapons uses a claw when making an attack action. When it has a
      weapon, it usually uses the weapon instead.
      Full Attack: A half-dragon fighting without weapons uses both claws and
      its bite when making a full attack. If armed with a weapon, it usually
      uses the weapon as its primary attack and its bite as a natural
      secondary attack. If it has a hand free, it uses a claw as an
      additional natural secondary attack.
      Damage: Half-dragons have bite and claw attacks. If the base creature
      does not have these attack forms, use the damage values in the table
      below. Otherwise, use the values below or the base creature¡¦s damage
      values, whichever are greater.
      Size Bite Damage Claw Damage
      Fine 1 ¡X
      Diminutive 1d2 1
      Tiny 1d3 1d2
      Small 1d4 1d3
      Medium 1d6 1d4
      Large 1d8 1d6
      Huge 2d6 1d8
      Gargantuan 3d6 2d6
      Colossal 4d6 3d6
      Special Attacks: A half-dragon retains all the special attacks of the
      base creature and gains a breath weapon based on the dragon variety
      (see the table below), usable once per day. A half-dragon¡¦s breath
      weapon deals 6d8 points of damage. A successful Reflex save (DC 10 +
      1/2 half-dragon¡¦s racial HD + half-dragon¡¦s Con modifier) reduces
      damage by half.
      Dragon Variety Breath Weapon
      Black 60-foot line of acid
      Blue 60-foot ine of lightning
      Green 30-foot cone of corrosive (acid) gas
      Red 30-foot cone of fire
      White 30-foot cone of cold
      Brass 60-foot line of fire
      Bronze 60-foot line of lightning
      Copper 60-foot line of acid
      Gold 30-foot cone of fire
      Silver 30-foot cone of cold
      Special Qualities: A half-dragon has all the special qualities of the
      base creature, plus darkvision out to 60 feet and low-light vision. A
      half-dragon has immunity to sleep and paralysis effects, and an
      additional immunity based on its dragon variety.
      Dragon Variety Immunity Dragon Variety Immunity
      Black Acid Brass Fire
      Blue Electricity Bronze Electricity
      Green Acid Copper Acid
      Red Fire Gold Fire
      White Cold Silver Cold
      Abilities: Increase from the base creature as follows: Str +8, Con +2,
      Int +2, Cha +2.
      Skills: A half-dragon gains skill points as a dragon and has skill
      points equal to (6 + Int modifier) xƒn(HD + 3). Do not include Hit Dice
      from class levels in this calculation¡Xthe half-dragon gains dragon
      skill points only for its racial Hit Dice, and gains the normal amount
      of skill points for its class levels. Treat skills from the base
      creature¡¦s list as class skills, and other skills as cross-class.
      Environment: Same as either the base creature or the dragon variety.
      Challenge Rating: Same as the base creature + 2 (minimum 3).
      Alignment: Same as the dragon variety.
      Level Adjustment: Same as base creature +3.
      #####

      See all the tables (well, they look more like tables in RTF... :p) with
      all the differences depending on color? That's why there is a template
      for each color.

      Barak
    • Chris
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 3, 2004
        > Hello all,
        > Yes it is me again :). Basically I am writing this time to ask if
        > anyone knows where the mods that are being applied by the templates

        I just noticed your subject line said stat mods... there is only one
        set being applied. It is awarded by the master Half Dragon template.
        The color template(s) do not affect the stats (unless there's a program
        bug).

        Barak
      • Brad Sumner
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 3, 2004
          Ok I found out why it was happening. I created a increase size template
          to make a Kobold a Medium Creature. Kinda an Advanced Kobold. Which I
          am applying a Half Dragon template to (Blue). Anyway when I applied the
          template it didn't apply the stat mods until something else is done,
          which led me to believe that the stat mods I was seeing were due to the
          Half Dragon Template. Sorry for the confusion. Thanks for the quick reply

          --
          Brad Sumner
          ITOH City Manager Harid'Zadar
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 3, 2004

            *whew* :)

            No problem.

            I'm just glad it wasn;t a bug in the program.

            Barak
          • Paul W. King
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 4, 2004
              [ 1079182 ] Allow random stat rolls again
              https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1079182&group_id=2
              5576&atid=384722

              Paul W. King
              TM SB, OGL/PL Chimp, Data Tamarin, BoD