Half Dragon Stat Mods

  • Brad Sumner
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 3, 2004
      Hello all,
      Yes it is me again :). Basically I am writing this time to ask if
      anyone knows where the mods that are being applied by the templates for
      Half Dragons are gotten from. I checked the RSRD and it only listed one
      overall mod for all types of dragons. While I agree from a standpoint
      of realism and all that the type of dragon you are half of would have an
      effect on the mods applied to your stats, the group I am playing with is
      using only stuff from the RSRD and so I need to know where it is or find
      a way to change it to what I have found. Any help here would be appreciated

      --
      Brad Sumner
      ITOH City Manager Harid'Zadar
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 3, 2004
        > Yes it is me again :). Basically I am writing this time to ask if
        > anyone knows where the mods that are being applied by the templates
        > for Half Dragons are gotten from. I checked the RSRD and it only

        Umm, what do you mean? It all comes from the RSRD.

        ####
        HALF-DRAGON
        Half-dragon creatures are always more formidable than others of their
        kind that do not have dragon blood, and their appearance betrays their
        nature¡Xscales, elongated features, reptilian eyes, and exaggerated
        teeth and claws. Sometimes they have wings.
        CREATING A HALF-DRAGON
        ¡§Half-dragon¡¨ is an inherited template that can be added to any living,
        corporeal creature (referred to hereafter as the base creature).
        A half-dragon uses all the base creature¡¦s statistics and special
        abilities except as noted here.
        Size and Type: The creature¡¦s type changes to dragon. Size is
        unchanged. Do not recalculate base attack bonus or saves.
        Hit Dice: Increase base creature¡¦s racial HD by one die size, to a
        maximum of d12. Do not increase class HD.
        Speed: A half-dragon that is Large or larger has wings and can fly at
        twice its base land speed (maximum 120 ft.) with average
        maneuverability. A half-dragon that is Medium or smaller does not have
        wings.
        Armor Class: Natural armor improves by +4.
        Attack: A half-dragon has two claw attacks and a bite attack, and the
        claws are the primary natural weapon. If the base creature can use
        weapons, the half-dragon retains this ability. A half-dragon fighting
        without weapons uses a claw when making an attack action. When it has a
        weapon, it usually uses the weapon instead.
        Full Attack: A half-dragon fighting without weapons uses both claws and
        its bite when making a full attack. If armed with a weapon, it usually
        uses the weapon as its primary attack and its bite as a natural
        secondary attack. If it has a hand free, it uses a claw as an
        additional natural secondary attack.
        Damage: Half-dragons have bite and claw attacks. If the base creature
        does not have these attack forms, use the damage values in the table
        below. Otherwise, use the values below or the base creature¡¦s damage
        values, whichever are greater.
        Size Bite Damage Claw Damage
        Fine 1 ¡X
        Diminutive 1d2 1
        Tiny 1d3 1d2
        Small 1d4 1d3
        Medium 1d6 1d4
        Large 1d8 1d6
        Huge 2d6 1d8
        Gargantuan 3d6 2d6
        Colossal 4d6 3d6
        Special Attacks: A half-dragon retains all the special attacks of the
        base creature and gains a breath weapon based on the dragon variety
        (see the table below), usable once per day. A half-dragon¡¦s breath
        weapon deals 6d8 points of damage. A successful Reflex save (DC 10 +
        1/2 half-dragon¡¦s racial HD + half-dragon¡¦s Con modifier) reduces
        damage by half.
        Dragon Variety Breath Weapon
        Black 60-foot line of acid
        Blue 60-foot ine of lightning
        Green 30-foot cone of corrosive (acid) gas
        Red 30-foot cone of fire
        White 30-foot cone of cold
        Brass 60-foot line of fire
        Bronze 60-foot line of lightning
        Copper 60-foot line of acid
        Gold 30-foot cone of fire
        Silver 30-foot cone of cold
        Special Qualities: A half-dragon has all the special qualities of the
        base creature, plus darkvision out to 60 feet and low-light vision. A
        half-dragon has immunity to sleep and paralysis effects, and an
        additional immunity based on its dragon variety.
        Dragon Variety Immunity Dragon Variety Immunity
        Black Acid Brass Fire
        Blue Electricity Bronze Electricity
        Green Acid Copper Acid
        Red Fire Gold Fire
        White Cold Silver Cold
        Abilities: Increase from the base creature as follows: Str +8, Con +2,
        Int +2, Cha +2.
        Skills: A half-dragon gains skill points as a dragon and has skill
        points equal to (6 + Int modifier) xƒn(HD + 3). Do not include Hit Dice
        from class levels in this calculation¡Xthe half-dragon gains dragon
        skill points only for its racial Hit Dice, and gains the normal amount
        of skill points for its class levels. Treat skills from the base
        creature¡¦s list as class skills, and other skills as cross-class.
        Environment: Same as either the base creature or the dragon variety.
        Challenge Rating: Same as the base creature + 2 (minimum 3).
        Alignment: Same as the dragon variety.
        Level Adjustment: Same as base creature +3.
        #####

        See all the tables (well, they look more like tables in RTF... :p) with
        all the differences depending on color? That's why there is a template
        for each color.

        Barak
      • Chris
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 3, 2004
          > Hello all,
          > Yes it is me again :). Basically I am writing this time to ask if
          > anyone knows where the mods that are being applied by the templates

          I just noticed your subject line said stat mods... there is only one
          set being applied. It is awarded by the master Half Dragon template.
          The color template(s) do not affect the stats (unless there's a program
          bug).

          Barak
        • Brad Sumner
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 3, 2004
            Ok I found out why it was happening. I created a increase size template
            to make a Kobold a Medium Creature. Kinda an Advanced Kobold. Which I
            am applying a Half Dragon template to (Blue). Anyway when I applied the
            template it didn't apply the stat mods until something else is done,
            which led me to believe that the stat mods I was seeing were due to the
            Half Dragon Template. Sorry for the confusion. Thanks for the quick reply

            --
            Brad Sumner
            ITOH City Manager Harid'Zadar
            ITOH Fate
            http://itoh.acalltoduty.com
          • Barak
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 3, 2004

              *whew* :)

              No problem.

              I'm just glad it wasn;t a bug in the program.

              Barak
            • Paul W. King
              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 4, 2004
                [ 1079182 ] Allow random stat rolls again
                https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1079182&group_id=2
                5576&atid=384722

                Paul W. King
                TM SB, OGL/PL Chimp, Data Tamarin, BoD