Re: [pcgen] Re: Italian Locale

  • Stefan Radermacher
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 3, 2004
      theforken wrote:

      > Yes, it does :-). I've also noticed that the
      > LangaugeBundle_en_US.properties has grown without keeping informed
      > the italian bundle (maybe also other lans), so at the moment we has
      > a "partially translated old italian bundle".
      > I'll merge the it_IT with the en_US but we should find a way to keep
      > informed each locale if a new key has been added.

      Wait! Frugal has just eliminated the en_US file as it is superfluous,
      english strings are in the LangaugeBundle.properties, which always acts
      as fallback. Get a current autobuild from
      <www.legolas.org/pcgen/autobuilds/> to get these changes.

      Regards,
      Stefan,
    • theforken
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 16, 2004
        I've just uploaded the Italian full translated bundle. It's based on
        the Dec 10 2004 Autobuild.

        What about to form an i18n team for PCGen?
        There are still many strings to be bundled (ex the Source material
        tab it's quite fully hardcoded). We could just collect them and
        inform coders to bundle them.
        Also each "translator mokey" should be informed when a new string is
        bundled or when a string already bundled is just modified.

        One small anticipation: with a small group of friends we're slowly
        writing the XML version of each spell of the Player Handbook 3.5
        Italian version. Currently we are at the 3rd level spells. The
        question is : will there be any way to have them integrated into PCG?

        Bye
        TheForken
      • Tir Gwaith
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 16, 2004
          > One small anticipation: with a small group of friends we're slowly
          > writing the XML version of each spell of the Player Handbook 3.5
          > Italian version. Currently we are at the 3rd level spells. The
          > question is : will there be any way to have them integrated into PCG?

          If the XML can be scripted into LST (and andargor already has proven that),
          then yeah. I can see a PCC with .MODs for spells, etc. in other
          languages.... Wouldn't take too much to maintain, once done, either.

          Tir Gwaith
          LST Chimp
        • andargor
          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 16, 2004
            --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Tir Gwaith" <thoron-tir-gwaith@l...>
            wrote:
            > > One small anticipation: with a small group of friends we're slowly
            > > writing the XML version of each spell of the Player Handbook 3.5
            > > Italian version. Currently we are at the 3rd level spells. The
            > > question is : will there be any way to have them integrated into
            PCG?

            > If the XML can be scripted into LST (and andargor already has
            proven that),
            > then yeah. I can see a PCC with .MODs for spells, etc. in other
            > languages.... Wouldn't take too much to maintain, once done,
            either.

            > Tir Gwaith
            > LST Chimp

            This would be interesting to implement when we get to the (nice to
            have) online help functionality I was talking about a while back
            (click on a feat, get the description, etc.). An international
            version could be doable.

            Andargor
          • James Dempsey
            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 16, 2004

              theforken wrote:

              > I've just uploaded the Italian full translated bundle. It's based on
              > the Dec 10 2004 Autobuild.

              This has been added to CVS. Please note I had to change the new line
              characters in translations back to \n characters.

              Cheers,
              James Dempsey
              PCGen Code Monkey
            • theforken
              Message 6 of 10 , Dec 16, 2004
                --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, James Dempsey <jdempsey@a...> wrote:
                > Hi,
                >
                > theforken wrote:
                >

                > > I've just uploaded the Italian full translated bundle. It's based
                on
                > > the Dec 10 2004 Autobuild.
                > >
                > This has been added to CVS. Please note I had to change the new
                line
                > characters in translations back to \n characters.

                Ops I'm sorry :-)

                > Cheers,
                > James Dempsey
                > PCGen Code Monkey