Re: [pcgen][TM][FReq] Stat Block Generation

  • Tir Gwaith
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 3, 2004
      That was when we were d20stl compliant, which prohibits "interactive"
      abilities. We have since dropped the d20stl, and gone strictly OGL, which
      allows random stats and random HD rolling (which is implemented) among other
      things that the GMGen side uses...

      I'm not sure what it would take to re-implement random stat rolling...

      Flagging for a TM..

      Tir Gwaith
      LST Chimp

      > I'm pretty sure, due to the agreement with WoTC, that we can not have a
      > random number generator for stats in PCGen. The reason being that being
      > able to generate the stats randomly in the program comes closer to
      > eliminating the need for the books...I'm pretty sure even the SRD does
      > not detail how to roll stats for a character (though I could be wrong
      here).
    • Brad Sumner
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 3, 2004
        Hello all,
        Yes it is me again :). Basically I am writing this time to ask if
        anyone knows where the mods that are being applied by the templates for
        Half Dragons are gotten from. I checked the RSRD and it only listed one
        overall mod for all types of dragons. While I agree from a standpoint
        of realism and all that the type of dragon you are half of would have an
        effect on the mods applied to your stats, the group I am playing with is
        using only stuff from the RSRD and so I need to know where it is or find
        a way to change it to what I have found. Any help here would be appreciated

        --
        Brad Sumner
        ITOH City Manager Harid'Zadar
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 3, 2004
          > Yes it is me again :). Basically I am writing this time to ask if
          > anyone knows where the mods that are being applied by the templates
          > for Half Dragons are gotten from. I checked the RSRD and it only

          Umm, what do you mean? It all comes from the RSRD.

          ####
          HALF-DRAGON
          Half-dragon creatures are always more formidable than others of their
          kind that do not have dragon blood, and their appearance betrays their
          nature¡Xscales, elongated features, reptilian eyes, and exaggerated
          teeth and claws. Sometimes they have wings.
          CREATING A HALF-DRAGON
          ¡§Half-dragon¡¨ is an inherited template that can be added to any living,
          corporeal creature (referred to hereafter as the base creature).
          A half-dragon uses all the base creature¡¦s statistics and special
          abilities except as noted here.
          Size and Type: The creature¡¦s type changes to dragon. Size is
          unchanged. Do not recalculate base attack bonus or saves.
          Hit Dice: Increase base creature¡¦s racial HD by one die size, to a
          maximum of d12. Do not increase class HD.
          Speed: A half-dragon that is Large or larger has wings and can fly at
          twice its base land speed (maximum 120 ft.) with average
          maneuverability. A half-dragon that is Medium or smaller does not have
          wings.
          Armor Class: Natural armor improves by +4.
          Attack: A half-dragon has two claw attacks and a bite attack, and the
          claws are the primary natural weapon. If the base creature can use
          weapons, the half-dragon retains this ability. A half-dragon fighting
          without weapons uses a claw when making an attack action. When it has a
          weapon, it usually uses the weapon instead.
          Full Attack: A half-dragon fighting without weapons uses both claws and
          its bite when making a full attack. If armed with a weapon, it usually
          uses the weapon as its primary attack and its bite as a natural
          secondary attack. If it has a hand free, it uses a claw as an
          additional natural secondary attack.
          Damage: Half-dragons have bite and claw attacks. If the base creature
          does not have these attack forms, use the damage values in the table
          below. Otherwise, use the values below or the base creature¡¦s damage
          values, whichever are greater.
          Size Bite Damage Claw Damage
          Fine 1 ¡X
          Diminutive 1d2 1
          Tiny 1d3 1d2
          Small 1d4 1d3
          Medium 1d6 1d4
          Large 1d8 1d6
          Huge 2d6 1d8
          Gargantuan 3d6 2d6
          Colossal 4d6 3d6
          Special Attacks: A half-dragon retains all the special attacks of the
          base creature and gains a breath weapon based on the dragon variety
          (see the table below), usable once per day. A half-dragon¡¦s breath
          weapon deals 6d8 points of damage. A successful Reflex save (DC 10 +
          1/2 half-dragon¡¦s racial HD + half-dragon¡¦s Con modifier) reduces
          damage by half.
          Dragon Variety Breath Weapon
          Black 60-foot line of acid
          Blue 60-foot ine of lightning
          Green 30-foot cone of corrosive (acid) gas
          Red 30-foot cone of fire
          White 30-foot cone of cold
          Brass 60-foot line of fire
          Bronze 60-foot line of lightning
          Copper 60-foot line of acid
          Gold 30-foot cone of fire
          Silver 30-foot cone of cold
          Special Qualities: A half-dragon has all the special qualities of the
          base creature, plus darkvision out to 60 feet and low-light vision. A
          half-dragon has immunity to sleep and paralysis effects, and an
          additional immunity based on its dragon variety.
          Dragon Variety Immunity Dragon Variety Immunity
          Black Acid Brass Fire
          Blue Electricity Bronze Electricity
          Green Acid Copper Acid
          Red Fire Gold Fire
          White Cold Silver Cold
          Abilities: Increase from the base creature as follows: Str +8, Con +2,
          Int +2, Cha +2.
          Skills: A half-dragon gains skill points as a dragon and has skill
          points equal to (6 + Int modifier) xƒn(HD + 3). Do not include Hit Dice
          from class levels in this calculation¡Xthe half-dragon gains dragon
          skill points only for its racial Hit Dice, and gains the normal amount
          of skill points for its class levels. Treat skills from the base
          creature¡¦s list as class skills, and other skills as cross-class.
          Environment: Same as either the base creature or the dragon variety.
          Challenge Rating: Same as the base creature + 2 (minimum 3).
          Alignment: Same as the dragon variety.
          Level Adjustment: Same as base creature +3.
          #####

          See all the tables (well, they look more like tables in RTF... :p) with
          all the differences depending on color? That's why there is a template
          for each color.

          Barak
        • Chris
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 3, 2004
            > Hello all,
            > Yes it is me again :). Basically I am writing this time to ask if
            > anyone knows where the mods that are being applied by the templates

            I just noticed your subject line said stat mods... there is only one
            set being applied. It is awarded by the master Half Dragon template.
            The color template(s) do not affect the stats (unless there's a program
            bug).

            Barak
          • Brad Sumner
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 3, 2004
              Ok I found out why it was happening. I created a increase size template
              to make a Kobold a Medium Creature. Kinda an Advanced Kobold. Which I
              am applying a Half Dragon template to (Blue). Anyway when I applied the
              template it didn't apply the stat mods until something else is done,
              which led me to believe that the stat mods I was seeing were due to the
              Half Dragon Template. Sorry for the confusion. Thanks for the quick reply

              --
              Brad Sumner
              ITOH City Manager Harid'Zadar
              ITOH Fate
              http://itoh.acalltoduty.com
            • Barak
              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 3, 2004

                *whew* :)

                No problem.

                I'm just glad it wasn;t a bug in the program.

                Barak
              • Paul W. King
                Message 7 of 7 , Dec 4, 2004
                  [ 1079182 ] Allow random stat rolls again
                  https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1079182&group_id=2
                  5576&atid=384722

                  Paul W. King
                  TM SB, OGL/PL Chimp, Data Tamarin, BoD