Re: Double Weapons and Special Materials

  • taluroniscandar
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 2, 2004
      > I was hoping to get all the issues with Double Weapons fixed for
      this
      > release but this one is proving to be more complicated than I originally
      > thought.

      Isn't it always? :-/

      [SNIP]

      > After the code bug has been fixed we will need to populate all the
      > double weapons with ALTEQMOD tags of the proper material.
      >
      > Tracker monkeys relax, I've already updated existing trackers in
      both code
      > and data.
      >
      > Code bug:
      > [ 1063505 ] Double Weapon ALT tags
      >
      > And on the Data side:
      > [ 1068192 ] [5.7.9] dbl weapons with special material

      Just as a reminder, don't forget that the R/SRD (and maybe MSRD) have
      some double weapons in the staff.lst files. Staff of Power and one or
      two others can be used as quarter staffs. They get overlooked
      sometimes since they're not in the weapon.lst files.
    • Eddy Anthony
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 2, 2004
        On 12/2/04 2:31 PM, "taluroniscandar" <mhgj@...> wrote:

        >> but this one is proving to be more complicated than I originally
        >> thought.
        >
        > Isn't it always? :-/

        Yeah, its like finding a little loose yarn in your sweater.

        > Just as a reminder, don't forget that the R/SRD (and maybe MSRD) have
        > some double weapons in the staff.lst files. Staff of Power and one or
        > two others can be used as quarter staffs. They get overlooked
        > sometimes since they're not in the weapon.lst files.

        Yup, discovered that last night, I did a search through the whole repository
        for the Word Double to hunt down all the Double Weapons. They have all been
        updated to include the full compliment of ALT tags used for double weapons.
        --
        ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
        ~ PCGen Content Silverback
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 2, 2004
          On Thu, 02 Dec 2004 14:50:51 -0500, you wrote:

          >On 12/2/04 2:31 PM, "taluroniscandar" <mhgj@...> wrote:
          >
          >>> but this one is proving to be more complicated than I originally
          >>> thought.
          >>
          >> Isn't it always? :-/
          >
          >Yeah, its like finding a little loose yarn in your sweater.

          Just burn it. The yarn melts and fuses with the rest of the sweater. Just
          be sure to control the flame.

          Oh yeah, take the sweater off before you start.

          --

          Terry FitzSimons
          FITZSIMONS@...(Small Letters Only)
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 2, 2004
            Terry FitzSimons scribed:

            >>> Isn't it always? :-/
            >>
            >> Yeah, its like finding a little loose yarn in your sweater.
            >
            > Just burn it. The yarn melts and fuses with the rest of the sweater. Just
            > be sure to control the flame.
            >
            > Oh yeah, take the sweater off before you start.
            >
            > --
            >
            > Terry FitzSimons
            > FITZSIMONS@...(Small Letters Only)

            Yeah but you do that enough times and you end up with a charred mess.
            Though it does bring to mind a favorite quote:

            "Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire
            and you keep him warm for the rest of his life."

            ;)
            --
            ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
            ~ PCGen Content Silverback