RE: [pcgen] Re: Italian Locale

  • Benjamin Pew
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 2, 2004
      Note, however, that there are still (the last time I checked) several
      hundred hard-coded strings in the GUI. I tried to start work on fixing this
      quite awhile ago, but it was too overwhelming.

      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 3, 2004

        > That would be great! Probably the best way to handle this would be
        > go ahead and upload a LangaugeBundle_it_IT.properties file to the
        > Files folder here at that yahoo group after you've completed your
        > work. Then post when that's done and any of the developers here
        with
        > cvs write access to the pcgen project at sourceforge can then commit
        > it to our code-base. Sound like a plan?

        Yes, it does :-). I've also noticed that the
        LangaugeBundle_en_US.properties has grown without keeping informed
        the italian bundle (maybe also other lans), so at the moment we has
        a "partially translated old italian bundle".

        I'll merge the it_IT with the en_US but we should find a way to keep
        informed each locale if a new key has been added.

        Enrico

        > -Bryan
        > Benevolent Dictator of PCGen
        >
        > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "theforken" <theforken@y...> wrote:
        > >
        > > Hi all
        > >
        > > I'd like to continue and hopefully end the Italian i18n of PCGen.
        > I'd just
        > > like to know if is there still someone working on it and who's the
        > > coordinator for this kind of jobs.
        > >
        > > Regards
        > >
        > > Enrico
      • Stefan Radermacher
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 3, 2004
          theforken wrote:

          > Yes, it does :-). I've also noticed that the
          > LangaugeBundle_en_US.properties has grown without keeping informed
          > the italian bundle (maybe also other lans), so at the moment we has
          > a "partially translated old italian bundle".
          > I'll merge the it_IT with the en_US but we should find a way to keep
          > informed each locale if a new key has been added.

          Wait! Frugal has just eliminated the en_US file as it is superfluous,
          english strings are in the LangaugeBundle.properties, which always acts
          as fallback. Get a current autobuild from
          <www.legolas.org/pcgen/autobuilds/> to get these changes.

          Regards,
          Stefan,
        • theforken
          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 16, 2004
            I've just uploaded the Italian full translated bundle. It's based on
            the Dec 10 2004 Autobuild.

            What about to form an i18n team for PCGen?
            There are still many strings to be bundled (ex the Source material
            tab it's quite fully hardcoded). We could just collect them and
            inform coders to bundle them.
            Also each "translator mokey" should be informed when a new string is
            bundled or when a string already bundled is just modified.

            One small anticipation: with a small group of friends we're slowly
            writing the XML version of each spell of the Player Handbook 3.5
            Italian version. Currently we are at the 3rd level spells. The
            question is : will there be any way to have them integrated into PCG?

            Bye
            TheForken
          • Tir Gwaith
            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 16, 2004
              > One small anticipation: with a small group of friends we're slowly
              > writing the XML version of each spell of the Player Handbook 3.5
              > Italian version. Currently we are at the 3rd level spells. The
              > question is : will there be any way to have them integrated into PCG?

              If the XML can be scripted into LST (and andargor already has proven that),
              then yeah. I can see a PCC with .MODs for spells, etc. in other
              languages.... Wouldn't take too much to maintain, once done, either.

              Tir Gwaith
              LST Chimp
            • andargor
              Message 6 of 10 , Dec 16, 2004
                --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Tir Gwaith" <thoron-tir-gwaith@l...>
                wrote:
                > > One small anticipation: with a small group of friends we're slowly
                > > writing the XML version of each spell of the Player Handbook 3.5
                > > Italian version. Currently we are at the 3rd level spells. The
                > > question is : will there be any way to have them integrated into
                PCG?

                > If the XML can be scripted into LST (and andargor already has
                proven that),
                > then yeah. I can see a PCC with .MODs for spells, etc. in other
                > languages.... Wouldn't take too much to maintain, once done,
                either.

                > Tir Gwaith
                > LST Chimp

                This would be interesting to implement when we get to the (nice to
                have) online help functionality I was talking about a while back
                (click on a feat, get the description, etc.). An international
                version could be doable.

                Andargor
              • James Dempsey
                Message 7 of 10 , Dec 16, 2004

                  theforken wrote:

                  > I've just uploaded the Italian full translated bundle. It's based on
                  > the Dec 10 2004 Autobuild.

                  This has been added to CVS. Please note I had to change the new line
                  characters in translations back to \n characters.

                  Cheers,
                  James Dempsey
                  PCGen Code Monkey
                • theforken
                  Message 8 of 10 , Dec 16, 2004
                    --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, James Dempsey <jdempsey@a...> wrote:
                    > Hi,
                    >
                    > theforken wrote:
                    >

                    > > I've just uploaded the Italian full translated bundle. It's based
                    on
                    > > the Dec 10 2004 Autobuild.
                    > >
                    > This has been added to CVS. Please note I had to change the new
                    line
                    > characters in translations back to \n characters.

                    Ops I'm sorry :-)

                    > Cheers,
                    > James Dempsey
                    > PCGen Code Monkey