Re: Italian Locale

  • merton_monk
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 2, 2004
      That would be great! Probably the best way to handle this would be to
      go ahead and upload a LangaugeBundle_it_IT.properties file to the
      Files folder here at that yahoo group after you've completed your
      work. Then post when that's done and any of the developers here with
      cvs write access to the pcgen project at sourceforge can then commit
      it to our code-base. Sound like a plan?

      -Bryan
      Benevolent Dictator of PCGen

      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "theforken" <theforken@y...> wrote:

      > Hi all
      >
      > I'd like to continue and hopefully end the Italian i18n of PCGen.
      I'd just
      > like to know if is there still someone working on it and who's the
      > coordinator for this kind of jobs.
      >
      > Regards
      >
      > Enrico
    • Benjamin Pew
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 2, 2004
        Note, however, that there are still (the last time I checked) several
        hundred hard-coded strings in the GUI. I tried to start work on fixing this
        quite awhile ago, but it was too overwhelming.

        That would be great! Probably the best way to handle this would be to
        go ahead and upload a LangaugeBundle_it_IT.properties file to the
        Files folder here at that yahoo group after you've completed your
        work. Then post when that's done and any of the developers here with
        cvs write access to the pcgen project at sourceforge can then commit
        it to our code-base. Sound like a plan?

        -Bryan
        Benevolent Dictator of PCGen

        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "theforken" <theforken@y...> wrote:

        > Hi all
        >
        > I'd like to continue and hopefully end the Italian i18n of PCGen.
        I'd just
        > like to know if is there still someone working on it and who's the
        > coordinator for this kind of jobs.
        >
        > Regards
        >
        > Enrico

        PCGen's FAQ:
        http://www.evilsoft.org/pcgen/docs/
        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • theforken
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 3, 2004

          > That would be great! Probably the best way to handle this would be
          > go ahead and upload a LangaugeBundle_it_IT.properties file to the
          > Files folder here at that yahoo group after you've completed your
          > work. Then post when that's done and any of the developers here
          with
          > cvs write access to the pcgen project at sourceforge can then commit
          > it to our code-base. Sound like a plan?

          Yes, it does :-). I've also noticed that the
          LangaugeBundle_en_US.properties has grown without keeping informed
          the italian bundle (maybe also other lans), so at the moment we has
          a "partially translated old italian bundle".

          I'll merge the it_IT with the en_US but we should find a way to keep
          informed each locale if a new key has been added.

          Enrico

          > -Bryan
          > Benevolent Dictator of PCGen
          >
          > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "theforken" <theforken@y...> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi all
          > >
          > > I'd like to continue and hopefully end the Italian i18n of PCGen.
          > I'd just
          > > like to know if is there still someone working on it and who's the
          > > coordinator for this kind of jobs.
          > >
          > > Regards
          > >
          > > Enrico
        • Stefan Radermacher
          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 3, 2004
            theforken wrote:

            > Yes, it does :-). I've also noticed that the
            > LangaugeBundle_en_US.properties has grown without keeping informed
            > the italian bundle (maybe also other lans), so at the moment we has
            > a "partially translated old italian bundle".
            > I'll merge the it_IT with the en_US but we should find a way to keep
            > informed each locale if a new key has been added.

            Wait! Frugal has just eliminated the en_US file as it is superfluous,
            english strings are in the LangaugeBundle.properties, which always acts
            as fallback. Get a current autobuild from
            <www.legolas.org/pcgen/autobuilds/> to get these changes.

            Regards,
            Stefan,
          • theforken
            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 16, 2004
              I've just uploaded the Italian full translated bundle. It's based on
              the Dec 10 2004 Autobuild.

              What about to form an i18n team for PCGen?
              There are still many strings to be bundled (ex the Source material
              tab it's quite fully hardcoded). We could just collect them and
              inform coders to bundle them.
              Also each "translator mokey" should be informed when a new string is
              bundled or when a string already bundled is just modified.

              One small anticipation: with a small group of friends we're slowly
              writing the XML version of each spell of the Player Handbook 3.5
              Italian version. Currently we are at the 3rd level spells. The
              question is : will there be any way to have them integrated into PCG?

              Bye
              TheForken
            • Tir Gwaith
              Message 6 of 10 , Dec 16, 2004
                > One small anticipation: with a small group of friends we're slowly
                > writing the XML version of each spell of the Player Handbook 3.5
                > Italian version. Currently we are at the 3rd level spells. The
                > question is : will there be any way to have them integrated into PCG?

                If the XML can be scripted into LST (and andargor already has proven that),
                then yeah. I can see a PCC with .MODs for spells, etc. in other
                languages.... Wouldn't take too much to maintain, once done, either.

                Tir Gwaith
                LST Chimp
              • andargor
                Message 7 of 10 , Dec 16, 2004
                  --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Tir Gwaith" <thoron-tir-gwaith@l...>
                  wrote:
                  > > One small anticipation: with a small group of friends we're slowly
                  > > writing the XML version of each spell of the Player Handbook 3.5
                  > > Italian version. Currently we are at the 3rd level spells. The
                  > > question is : will there be any way to have them integrated into
                  PCG?

                  > If the XML can be scripted into LST (and andargor already has
                  proven that),
                  > then yeah. I can see a PCC with .MODs for spells, etc. in other
                  > languages.... Wouldn't take too much to maintain, once done,
                  either.

                  > Tir Gwaith
                  > LST Chimp

                  This would be interesting to implement when we get to the (nice to
                  have) online help functionality I was talking about a while back
                  (click on a feat, get the description, etc.). An international
                  version could be doable.

                  Andargor
                • James Dempsey
                  Message 8 of 10 , Dec 16, 2004

                    theforken wrote:

                    > I've just uploaded the Italian full translated bundle. It's based on
                    > the Dec 10 2004 Autobuild.

                    This has been added to CVS. Please note I had to change the new line
                    characters in translations back to \n characters.

                    Cheers,
                    James Dempsey
                    PCGen Code Monkey
                  • theforken
                    Message 9 of 10 , Dec 16, 2004
                      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, James Dempsey <jdempsey@a...> wrote:
                      > Hi,
                      >
                      > theforken wrote:
                      >

                      > > I've just uploaded the Italian full translated bundle. It's based
                      on
                      > > the Dec 10 2004 Autobuild.
                      > >
                      > This has been added to CVS. Please note I had to change the new
                      line
                      > characters in translations back to \n characters.

                      Ops I'm sorry :-)

                      > Cheers,
                      > James Dempsey
                      > PCGen Code Monkey