Italian Locale

  • theforken
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 2, 2004
      Hi all

      I'd like to continue and hopefully end the Italian i18n of PCGen. I'd just
      like to know if is there still someone working on it and who's the
      coordinator for this kind of jobs.

      Regards

      Enrico
    • merton_monk
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 2, 2004
        That would be great! Probably the best way to handle this would be to
        go ahead and upload a LangaugeBundle_it_IT.properties file to the
        Files folder here at that yahoo group after you've completed your
        work. Then post when that's done and any of the developers here with
        cvs write access to the pcgen project at sourceforge can then commit
        it to our code-base. Sound like a plan?

        -Bryan
        Benevolent Dictator of PCGen

        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "theforken" <theforken@y...> wrote:

        > Hi all
        >
        > I'd like to continue and hopefully end the Italian i18n of PCGen.
        I'd just
        > like to know if is there still someone working on it and who's the
        > coordinator for this kind of jobs.
        >
        > Regards
        >
        > Enrico
      • Benjamin Pew
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 2, 2004
          Note, however, that there are still (the last time I checked) several
          hundred hard-coded strings in the GUI. I tried to start work on fixing this
          quite awhile ago, but it was too overwhelming.

          That would be great! Probably the best way to handle this would be to
          go ahead and upload a LangaugeBundle_it_IT.properties file to the
          Files folder here at that yahoo group after you've completed your
          work. Then post when that's done and any of the developers here with
          cvs write access to the pcgen project at sourceforge can then commit
          it to our code-base. Sound like a plan?

          -Bryan
          Benevolent Dictator of PCGen

          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "theforken" <theforken@y...> wrote:

          > Hi all
          >
          > I'd like to continue and hopefully end the Italian i18n of PCGen.
          I'd just
          > like to know if is there still someone working on it and who's the
          > coordinator for this kind of jobs.
          >
          > Regards
          >
          > Enrico

          PCGen's FAQ:
          http://www.evilsoft.org/pcgen/docs/
          Yahoo! Groups Links
        • theforken
          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 3, 2004

            > That would be great! Probably the best way to handle this would be
            > go ahead and upload a LangaugeBundle_it_IT.properties file to the
            > Files folder here at that yahoo group after you've completed your
            > work. Then post when that's done and any of the developers here
            with
            > cvs write access to the pcgen project at sourceforge can then commit
            > it to our code-base. Sound like a plan?

            Yes, it does :-). I've also noticed that the
            LangaugeBundle_en_US.properties has grown without keeping informed
            the italian bundle (maybe also other lans), so at the moment we has
            a "partially translated old italian bundle".

            I'll merge the it_IT with the en_US but we should find a way to keep
            informed each locale if a new key has been added.

            Enrico

            > -Bryan
            > Benevolent Dictator of PCGen
            >
            > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "theforken" <theforken@y...> wrote:
            > >
            > > Hi all
            > >
            > > I'd like to continue and hopefully end the Italian i18n of PCGen.
            > I'd just
            > > like to know if is there still someone working on it and who's the
            > > coordinator for this kind of jobs.
            > >
            > > Regards
            > >
            > > Enrico
          • Stefan Radermacher
            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 3, 2004
              theforken wrote:

              > Yes, it does :-). I've also noticed that the
              > LangaugeBundle_en_US.properties has grown without keeping informed
              > the italian bundle (maybe also other lans), so at the moment we has
              > a "partially translated old italian bundle".
              > I'll merge the it_IT with the en_US but we should find a way to keep
              > informed each locale if a new key has been added.

              Wait! Frugal has just eliminated the en_US file as it is superfluous,
              english strings are in the LangaugeBundle.properties, which always acts
              as fallback. Get a current autobuild from
              <www.legolas.org/pcgen/autobuilds/> to get these changes.

              Regards,
              Stefan,
            • theforken
              Message 6 of 10 , Dec 16, 2004
                I've just uploaded the Italian full translated bundle. It's based on
                the Dec 10 2004 Autobuild.

                What about to form an i18n team for PCGen?
                There are still many strings to be bundled (ex the Source material
                tab it's quite fully hardcoded). We could just collect them and
                inform coders to bundle them.
                Also each "translator mokey" should be informed when a new string is
                bundled or when a string already bundled is just modified.

                One small anticipation: with a small group of friends we're slowly
                writing the XML version of each spell of the Player Handbook 3.5
                Italian version. Currently we are at the 3rd level spells. The
                question is : will there be any way to have them integrated into PCG?

                Bye
                TheForken
              • Tir Gwaith
                Message 7 of 10 , Dec 16, 2004
                  > One small anticipation: with a small group of friends we're slowly
                  > writing the XML version of each spell of the Player Handbook 3.5
                  > Italian version. Currently we are at the 3rd level spells. The
                  > question is : will there be any way to have them integrated into PCG?

                  If the XML can be scripted into LST (and andargor already has proven that),
                  then yeah. I can see a PCC with .MODs for spells, etc. in other
                  languages.... Wouldn't take too much to maintain, once done, either.

                  Tir Gwaith
                  LST Chimp
                • andargor
                  Message 8 of 10 , Dec 16, 2004
                    --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Tir Gwaith" <thoron-tir-gwaith@l...>
                    wrote:
                    > > One small anticipation: with a small group of friends we're slowly
                    > > writing the XML version of each spell of the Player Handbook 3.5
                    > > Italian version. Currently we are at the 3rd level spells. The
                    > > question is : will there be any way to have them integrated into
                    PCG?

                    > If the XML can be scripted into LST (and andargor already has
                    proven that),
                    > then yeah. I can see a PCC with .MODs for spells, etc. in other
                    > languages.... Wouldn't take too much to maintain, once done,
                    either.

                    > Tir Gwaith
                    > LST Chimp

                    This would be interesting to implement when we get to the (nice to
                    have) online help functionality I was talking about a while back
                    (click on a feat, get the description, etc.). An international
                    version could be doable.

                    Andargor
                  • James Dempsey
                    Message 9 of 10 , Dec 16, 2004

                      theforken wrote:

                      > I've just uploaded the Italian full translated bundle. It's based on
                      > the Dec 10 2004 Autobuild.

                      This has been added to CVS. Please note I had to change the new line
                      characters in translations back to \n characters.

                      Cheers,
                      James Dempsey
                      PCGen Code Monkey
                    • theforken
                      Message 10 of 10 , Dec 16, 2004
                        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, James Dempsey <jdempsey@a...> wrote:
                        > Hi,
                        >
                        > theforken wrote:
                        >

                        > > I've just uploaded the Italian full translated bundle. It's based
                        on
                        > > the Dec 10 2004 Autobuild.
                        > >
                        > This has been added to CVS. Please note I had to change the new
                        line
                        > characters in translations back to \n characters.

                        Ops I'm sorry :-)

                        > Cheers,
                        > James Dempsey
                        > PCGen Code Monkey