GEGen Help

  • Brad Sumner
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 1, 2004
      Hello all,
      I have a question about GMGen. I realize we don't hear much about it
      here but I wasn't sure who else to ask. The problem is that I cannot
      paste text from Word into the Notes area, which means either use
      something else or retype everything that I have and I don't want to
      retype. Please help me find a way to paste it.

      --
      Brad Sumner
      ITOH City Manager Harid'Zadar
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 1, 2004
        To do this, select the information in word that you want, right click copy
        (or ctrl-c). Select GMGen, put the cursor where you want the text, ctrl-v.
        You are done. I think that GMGen paste button only pastes text that is
        copied in GMGen. I tested this and it worked on my system.

        _____

        I have a question about GMGen. I realize we don't hear much about it
        here but I wasn't sure who else to ask. The problem is that I cannot
        paste text from Word into the Notes area, which means either use
        something else or retype everything that I have and I don't want to
        retype. Please help me find a way to paste it.

        --
        Brad Sumner
        ITOH City Manager Harid'Zadar
        ITOH Fate
        http://itoh.acalltoduty.com

        PCGen's FAQ:
        http://www.evilsoft.org/pcgen/docs/

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129okj811/M=298184.5639630.6699735.3001176/D=gr
        oups/S=1705016061:HM/EXP=1102041363/A=2434971/R=0/SIG=11eeoolb0/*http:/www.n
        etflix.com/Default?mqso=60185400> click here

        <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=298184.5639630.6699735.3001176/D=groups/S=
        :HM/A=2434971/rand=848683956>

        _____

        Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Brad Sumner
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 1, 2004
          I tried the ctrl v thing (the way I do most things actually) and it
          never responded, it may be something I was doing wrong

          Ed Holley wrote:

          >To do this, select the information in word that you want, right click copy
          >(or ctrl-c). Select GMGen, put the cursor where you want the text, ctrl-v.
          >You are done. I think that GMGen paste button only pastes text that is
          >copied in GMGen. I tested this and it worked on my system.
          >

          > _____

        • Devon Jones
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 6, 2004
            Brad Sumner wrote:

            >I tried the ctrl v thing (the way I do most things actually) and it
            >never responded, it may be something I was doing wrong

            I have noticed odd behavior with word itself - for some reason it
            doesn't past properly. All other apps work fine...it's just dumb word :(
            can a TM post this as a bug?

            (OpenOffice works fine btw - and it can import your word docs
            www.openoffice.org)

            Devon

            >Ed Holley wrote:
            >

            >>To do this, select the information in word that you want, right click copy
            >>(or ctrl-c). Select GMGen, put the cursor where you want the text, ctrl-v.
            >>You are done. I think that GMGen paste button only pastes text that is
            >>copied in GMGen. I tested this and it worked on my system.
            >>

            >> _____

          • Paul W. King
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 6, 2004
              [ 1080153 ] GMGen and copy/paste
              http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?
              func=detail&aid=1080153&group_id=25576&atid=384719

              Paul W. King
              TM SB, OGL/PL Chimp, Data Tamarin, BoD