Re: [pcgen] Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] New tracker monkey

  • Eddy Anthony
    Message 1 of 19 , Dec 1, 2004
      On 12/1/04 11:04 AM, "Chris" <barak@...> wrote:

      > Have you tried different servers in the dal network, or are you just
      > letting your software pick a server?
      >
      > I usually connect through Dragon or Elyseium (I think those are the
      > names).
      >
      > Barak

      I did try that at on point, I got the list of all the servers and tried
      setting them up but got the same result, unable to connect.
      --
      ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
      ~ PCGen Content Silverback
      Message 2 of 19 , Dec 1, 2004
        Eddy Anthony wrote:
        >>irc.dal.net
        >>
        >>#pcgen
        >

        > I've been unable to connect to this server with any client other than though
        > the web interface, which is a rather unpleasent way to chat. I have no
        > trouble connecting to other irc servers, could it be a problem with my ISP
        > (Comcast)? Does this server require a registration? Anyone have any
        > suggestions?

        irc.dal.net is just an address for a redirector. Basically you should
        take a list of DALnet servers and find one in your geographical region;
        irc servers often shut out connection from other continents or countries.

        You can find a list of DALnet servers at
        <http://www.dal.net/servers/index.php3>. Any one of them will do.

        Regads,
        Stefan.
      • Eddy Anthony
        Message 3 of 19 , Dec 1, 2004
          Thanks Stefan, one of them worked for me just now. I'll try again when I get
          home.
          --
          ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
          ~ PCGen Content Silverback

          On 12/1/04 11:22 AM, "Stefan Radermacher" <ml@...> wrote:

          > irc.dal.net is just an address for a redirector. Basically you should
          > take a list of DALnet servers and find one in your geographical region;
          > irc servers often shut out connection from other continents or countries.
          >
          > You can find a list of DALnet servers at
          > <http://www.dal.net/servers/index.php3>. Any one of them will do.
          >
          > Regads,
          > Stefan.
        • David
          Message 4 of 19 , Dec 1, 2004
            Can someone please help me with IRC.

            Trillian Pro.

            Open up an IRC window and have tried to logon to irc.dal.net:6663
            (6667), broadway.ny.us.dal.net:6667, and keep getting a Connection
            to ... failed.

            I'm *really* lost with this and could use some help,

            thanks, -- david

            --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Stefan Radermacher <ml@z...> wrote:
            > Eddy Anthony wrote:
            > >>irc.dal.net
            > >>
            > >>#pcgen
            > >

            > > I've been unable to connect to this server with any client other
            than though
            > > the web interface, which is a rather unpleasent way to chat. I
            have no
            > > trouble connecting to other irc servers, could it be a problem
            with my ISP
            > > (Comcast)? Does this server require a registration? Anyone have
            any
            > > suggestions?
            >
            > irc.dal.net is just an address for a redirector. Basically you
            should
            > take a list of DALnet servers and find one in your geographical
            region;
            > irc servers often shut out connection from other continents or
            countries.

            > You can find a list of DALnet servers at
            > <http://www.dal.net/servers/index.php3>. Any one of them will do.
            >
            > Regads,
            > Stefan.
          • jpargeter
            Message 5 of 19 , Dec 1, 2004
              OK Papa, it works for me. so let's run this thing down.

              Here's what I'm doing:
              In connection manager I have jade.va.us.dal.net (picked from the list)
              Preferences for that IRC account are as follows:
              General tab -> no auto connect

              Connection tab-> reconnect=yes, try next=n, stay in group=y, wait
              period=80, # of attempts=10, initial user mode=i, MOTD=Y, IP address
              is filled in, method=connect

              DCC tab->left at defaults

              Friend/enemy/flood tab-> empty

              Misc tab-> enable hostmask checking =y

              I do recall that some IRC servers require some kind of "ident"
              response but I'm not too familiar with how that works - seems like I
              had trouble getting on undernet with trillian, but Dalnet has always
              seemed to work.

              -Jason

              --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "David" <Papa-DRB@h...> wrote:

              > Can someone please help me with IRC.
              >
              > Trillian Pro.
              >
              > Open up an IRC window and have tried to logon to irc.dal.net:6663
              > (6667), broadway.ny.us.dal.net:6667, and keep getting a Connection
              > to ... failed.
              >
              > I'm *really* lost with this and could use some help,
              >
              > thanks, -- david
              >
              > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Stefan Radermacher <ml@z...> wrote:

              > > > I've been unable to connect to this server with any client
              other
              > than though
              > > > the web interface, which is a rather unpleasent way to chat. I
              > have no
              > > > trouble connecting to other irc servers, could it be a problem
              > with my ISP
              > > > (Comcast)? Does this server require a registration? Anyone have
              > any
              > > > suggestions?
              > >
              > > irc.dal.net is just an address for a redirector. Basically you
              > should
              > > take a list of DALnet servers and find one in your geographical
              > region;
              > > irc servers often shut out connection from other continents or
              > countries.
              > >
              > > You can find a list of DALnet servers at
              > > <http://www.dal.net/servers/index.php3>. Any one of them will do.
              > >
              > > Regads,
              > > Stefan.
            • David
              Message 6 of 19 , Dec 1, 2004
                What IP address to you have filled in there? Mine says unknown,

                -- david
                Papa-DRB

                > Connection tab-> reconnect=yes, try next=n, stay in group=y, wait
                > period=80, # of attempts=10, initial user mode=i, MOTD=Y, IP address
                > is filled in, method=connect
              • jpargeter
                Message 7 of 19 , Dec 1, 2004
                  I am behind a NAT firewall, so for me that item is 10.100.0.60 - I
                  can't imagine that it would make any difference, but possibly it
                  expects something to be there.

                  -J

                  --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "David" <Papa-DRB@h...> wrote:
                  > What IP address to you have filled in there? Mine says unknown,
                  >
                  > -- david
                  > Papa-DRB
                  >

                  > > Connection tab-> reconnect=yes, try next=n, stay in group=y, wait
                  > > period=80, # of attempts=10, initial user mode=i, MOTD=Y, IP
                  address
                  > > is filled in, method=connect
                • Ed Holley
                  Message 8 of 19 , Dec 1, 2004
                    This sounds like an Ident problem. Connection manager>IRC

                    Server name-irc.dal.net

                    Port- 6667

                    Ident tab>enable ident

                    Try that, let me know if it works.

                    _____

                    I am behind a NAT firewall, so for me that item is 10.100.0.60 - I
                    can't imagine that it would make any difference, but possibly it
                    expects something to be there.

                    -J

                    --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "David" <Papa-DRB@h...> wrote:
                    > What IP address to you have filled in there? Mine says unknown,
                    >
                    > -- david
                    > Papa-DRB
                    >

                    > > Connection tab-> reconnect=yes, try next=n, stay in group=y, wait
                    > > period=80, # of attempts=10, initial user mode=i, MOTD=Y, IP
                    address
                    > > is filled in, method=connect

                    PCGen's FAQ:
                    http://www.evilsoft.org/pcgen/docs/

                    Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                    <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129v6jfsu/M=298184.5639630.6699735.3001176/D=gr
                    oups/S=1705016061:HM/EXP=1102022667/A=2434971/R=0/SIG=11eeoolb0/*http:/www.n
                    etflix.com/Default?mqso=60185400> click here

                    <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=298184.5639630.6699735.3001176/D=groups/S=
                    :HM/A=2434971/rand=260285402>

                    _____

                    Yahoo! Groups Links

                  • Eddy Anthony
                    Message 9 of 19 , Dec 2, 2004
                      On 12/1/04 11:22 AM, "Stefan Radermacher" <ml@...> wrote:

                      > irc.dal.net is just an address for a redirector. Basically you should
                      > take a list of DALnet servers and find one in your geographical region;
                      > irc servers often shut out connection from other continents or countries.
                      >
                      > You can find a list of DALnet servers at
                      > <http://www.dal.net/servers/index.php3>. Any one of them will do.

                      Arg, I got one of these to work from my work place yesterday but was still
                      unable to get any of them to connect when I got home :(
                      --
                      ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
                      ~ PCGen Content Silverback
                      Message 10 of 19 , Dec 2, 2004
                        Eddy Anthony wrote:

                        > Arg, I got one of these to work from my work place yesterday but was still
                        > unable to get any of them to connect when I got home :(

                        Maybe you need to enable the ident server in Trillian. If it doen't
                        work, try if you can connect with mIRC <http://www.mirc.com>.

                        Regards,
                        Stefan.