Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] New tracker monkey

  • merton_monk
    Message 1 of 19 , Dec 1, 2004
      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, thoron-tir-gwaith@l... wrote:
      > > > I am pleased to announce that Robert Singers has joined the
      ranks of the
      > > > Tracker Monkeys. He is granted the rank of Lemur in the wild
      world of
      > > > tracking bugs and freqs.
      > >
      > > Ook.
      >
      > Hehe.. I'm glad Paul has some more help. I tend to rely on
      NotMousse and now Rav, since I see them on the IRC channel.

      What's the address for that IRC channel again? Maybe we should put
      that in our welcome message here or something so more people can make
      use of it. The only downside of getting questions answered there is
      that there's no documentation of it - if a question gets answered
      here, everyone sees the question and response, not just those who were
      there at the time. But it is nice to have the option of an irc channel!

      -Bryan

      > Tir Gwaith
      > LST Chimp
    • Frugal
      Message 2 of 19 , Dec 1, 2004
        merton_monk wrote:

        >What's the address for that IRC channel again? Maybe we should put
        >that in our welcome message here or something so more people can make
        >use of it. The only downside of getting questions answered there is
        >that there's no documentation of it - if a question gets answered
        >here, everyone sees the question and response, not just those who were
        >there at the time. But it is nice to have the option of an irc channel!

        irc.dal.net

        #pcgen

        regards,
        Frugal
      • David
        Message 3 of 19 , Dec 1, 2004
          Can you tell me how to set this up using Trillian?

          -- david

        • Eddy Anthony
          Message 4 of 19 , Dec 1, 2004
            > irc.dal.net
            >
            > #pcgen

            I've been unable to connect to this server with any client other than though
            the web interface, which is a rather unpleasent way to chat. I have no
            trouble connecting to other irc servers, could it be a problem with my ISP
            (Comcast)? Does this server require a registration? Anyone have any
            suggestions?
            --
            ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
            ~ PCGen Content Silverback
            Message 5 of 19 , Dec 1, 2004
              Have you tried different servers in the dal network, or are you just
              letting your software pick a server?

              I usually connect through Dragon or Elyseium (I think those are the
              names).

              Barak

              Message 6 of 19 , Dec 1, 2004
                On 12/1/04 11:04 AM, "Chris" <barak@...> wrote:

                > Have you tried different servers in the dal network, or are you just
                > letting your software pick a server?
                >
                > I usually connect through Dragon or Elyseium (I think those are the
                > names).
                >
                > Barak

                I did try that at on point, I got the list of all the servers and tried
                setting them up but got the same result, unable to connect.
                --
                ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
                ~ PCGen Content Silverback
                Message 7 of 19 , Dec 1, 2004
                  Eddy Anthony wrote:
                  >>irc.dal.net
                  >>
                  >>#pcgen
                  >

                  > I've been unable to connect to this server with any client other than though
                  > the web interface, which is a rather unpleasent way to chat. I have no
                  > trouble connecting to other irc servers, could it be a problem with my ISP
                  > (Comcast)? Does this server require a registration? Anyone have any
                  > suggestions?

                  irc.dal.net is just an address for a redirector. Basically you should
                  take a list of DALnet servers and find one in your geographical region;
                  irc servers often shut out connection from other continents or countries.

                  You can find a list of DALnet servers at
                  <http://www.dal.net/servers/index.php3>. Any one of them will do.

                  Regads,
                  Stefan.
                • Eddy Anthony
                  Message 8 of 19 , Dec 1, 2004
                    Thanks Stefan, one of them worked for me just now. I'll try again when I get
                    home.
                    --
                    ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
                    ~ PCGen Content Silverback

                    On 12/1/04 11:22 AM, "Stefan Radermacher" <ml@...> wrote:

                    > irc.dal.net is just an address for a redirector. Basically you should
                    > take a list of DALnet servers and find one in your geographical region;
                    > irc servers often shut out connection from other continents or countries.
                    >
                    > You can find a list of DALnet servers at
                    > <http://www.dal.net/servers/index.php3>. Any one of them will do.
                    >
                    > Regads,
                    > Stefan.
                  • David
                    Message 9 of 19 , Dec 1, 2004
                      Can someone please help me with IRC.

                      Trillian Pro.

                      Open up an IRC window and have tried to logon to irc.dal.net:6663
                      (6667), broadway.ny.us.dal.net:6667, and keep getting a Connection
                      to ... failed.

                      I'm *really* lost with this and could use some help,

                      thanks, -- david

                      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Stefan Radermacher <ml@z...> wrote:
                      > Eddy Anthony wrote:
                      > >>irc.dal.net
                      > >>
                      > >>#pcgen
                      > >

                      > > I've been unable to connect to this server with any client other
                      than though
                      > > the web interface, which is a rather unpleasent way to chat. I
                      have no
                      > > trouble connecting to other irc servers, could it be a problem
                      with my ISP
                      > > (Comcast)? Does this server require a registration? Anyone have
                      any
                      > > suggestions?
                      >
                      > irc.dal.net is just an address for a redirector. Basically you
                      should
                      > take a list of DALnet servers and find one in your geographical
                      region;
                      > irc servers often shut out connection from other continents or
                      countries.

                      > You can find a list of DALnet servers at
                      > <http://www.dal.net/servers/index.php3>. Any one of them will do.
                      >
                      > Regads,
                      > Stefan.
                    • jpargeter
                      Message 10 of 19 , Dec 1, 2004
                        OK Papa, it works for me. so let's run this thing down.

                        Here's what I'm doing:
                        In connection manager I have jade.va.us.dal.net (picked from the list)
                        Preferences for that IRC account are as follows:
                        General tab -> no auto connect

                        Connection tab-> reconnect=yes, try next=n, stay in group=y, wait
                        period=80, # of attempts=10, initial user mode=i, MOTD=Y, IP address
                        is filled in, method=connect

                        DCC tab->left at defaults

                        Friend/enemy/flood tab-> empty

                        Misc tab-> enable hostmask checking =y

                        I do recall that some IRC servers require some kind of "ident"
                        response but I'm not too familiar with how that works - seems like I
                        had trouble getting on undernet with trillian, but Dalnet has always
                        seemed to work.

                        -Jason

                        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "David" <Papa-DRB@h...> wrote:

                        > Can someone please help me with IRC.
                        >
                        > Trillian Pro.
                        >
                        > Open up an IRC window and have tried to logon to irc.dal.net:6663
                        > (6667), broadway.ny.us.dal.net:6667, and keep getting a Connection
                        > to ... failed.
                        >
                        > I'm *really* lost with this and could use some help,
                        >
                        > thanks, -- david
                        >
                        > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Stefan Radermacher <ml@z...> wrote:

                        > > > I've been unable to connect to this server with any client
                        other
                        > than though
                        > > > the web interface, which is a rather unpleasent way to chat. I
                        > have no
                        > > > trouble connecting to other irc servers, could it be a problem
                        > with my ISP
                        > > > (Comcast)? Does this server require a registration? Anyone have
                        > any
                        > > > suggestions?
                        > >
                        > > irc.dal.net is just an address for a redirector. Basically you
                        > should
                        > > take a list of DALnet servers and find one in your geographical
                        > region;
                        > > irc servers often shut out connection from other continents or
                        > countries.
                        > >
                        > > You can find a list of DALnet servers at
                        > > <http://www.dal.net/servers/index.php3>. Any one of them will do.
                        > >
                        > > Regads,
                        > > Stefan.
                      • David
                        Message 11 of 19 , Dec 1, 2004
                          What IP address to you have filled in there? Mine says unknown,

                          -- david
                          Papa-DRB

                          > Connection tab-> reconnect=yes, try next=n, stay in group=y, wait
                          > period=80, # of attempts=10, initial user mode=i, MOTD=Y, IP address
                          > is filled in, method=connect
                        • jpargeter
                          Message 12 of 19 , Dec 1, 2004
                            I am behind a NAT firewall, so for me that item is 10.100.0.60 - I
                            can't imagine that it would make any difference, but possibly it
                            expects something to be there.

                            -J

                            --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "David" <Papa-DRB@h...> wrote:
                            > What IP address to you have filled in there? Mine says unknown,
                            >
                            > -- david
                            > Papa-DRB
                            >

                            > > Connection tab-> reconnect=yes, try next=n, stay in group=y, wait
                            > > period=80, # of attempts=10, initial user mode=i, MOTD=Y, IP
                            address
                            > > is filled in, method=connect
                          • Ed Holley
                            Message 13 of 19 , Dec 1, 2004
                              This sounds like an Ident problem. Connection manager>IRC

                              Server name-irc.dal.net

                              Port- 6667

                              Ident tab>enable ident

                              Try that, let me know if it works.

                              _____

                              I am behind a NAT firewall, so for me that item is 10.100.0.60 - I
                              can't imagine that it would make any difference, but possibly it
                              expects something to be there.

                              -J

                              --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "David" <Papa-DRB@h...> wrote:
                              > What IP address to you have filled in there? Mine says unknown,
                              >
                              > -- david
                              > Papa-DRB
                              >

                              > > Connection tab-> reconnect=yes, try next=n, stay in group=y, wait
                              > > period=80, # of attempts=10, initial user mode=i, MOTD=Y, IP
                              address
                              > > is filled in, method=connect

                              PCGen's FAQ:
                              http://www.evilsoft.org/pcgen/docs/

                              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                              <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129v6jfsu/M=298184.5639630.6699735.3001176/D=gr
                              oups/S=1705016061:HM/EXP=1102022667/A=2434971/R=0/SIG=11eeoolb0/*http:/www.n
                              etflix.com/Default?mqso=60185400> click here

                              <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=298184.5639630.6699735.3001176/D=groups/S=
                              :HM/A=2434971/rand=260285402>

                              _____

                              Yahoo! Groups Links

                            • Eddy Anthony
                              Message 14 of 19 , Dec 2, 2004
                                On 12/1/04 11:22 AM, "Stefan Radermacher" <ml@...> wrote:

                                > irc.dal.net is just an address for a redirector. Basically you should
                                > take a list of DALnet servers and find one in your geographical region;
                                > irc servers often shut out connection from other continents or countries.
                                >
                                > You can find a list of DALnet servers at
                                > <http://www.dal.net/servers/index.php3>. Any one of them will do.

                                Arg, I got one of these to work from my work place yesterday but was still
                                unable to get any of them to connect when I got home :(
                                --
                                ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
                                ~ PCGen Content Silverback
                                Message 15 of 19 , Dec 2, 2004
                                  Eddy Anthony wrote:

                                  > Arg, I got one of these to work from my work place yesterday but was still
                                  > unable to get any of them to connect when I got home :(

                                  Maybe you need to enable the ident server in Trillian. If it doen't
                                  work, try if you can connect with mIRC <http://www.mirc.com>.

                                  Regards,
                                  Stefan.