Re: [pcgen] [ANNOUNCEMENT] New tracker monkey

  • R Singers
    Message 1 of 19 , Dec 1, 2004
      > I am pleased to announce that Robert Singers has joined the ranks of the
      > Tracker Monkeys. He is granted the rank of Lemur in the wild world of
      > tracking bugs and freqs.

      Ook.
    • thoron-tir-gwaith@lycos.com
      Message 2 of 19 , Dec 1, 2004
        > > I am pleased to announce that Robert Singers has joined the ranks of the
        > > Tracker Monkeys. He is granted the rank of Lemur in the wild world of
        > > tracking bugs and freqs.
        >
        > Ook.

        Hehe.. I'm glad Paul has some more help. I tend to rely on NotMousse and now Rav, since I see them on the IRC channel.

        Tir Gwaith
        LST Chimp
      • merton_monk
        Message 3 of 19 , Dec 1, 2004
          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, thoron-tir-gwaith@l... wrote:
          > > > I am pleased to announce that Robert Singers has joined the
          ranks of the
          > > > Tracker Monkeys. He is granted the rank of Lemur in the wild
          world of
          > > > tracking bugs and freqs.
          > >
          > > Ook.
          >
          > Hehe.. I'm glad Paul has some more help. I tend to rely on
          NotMousse and now Rav, since I see them on the IRC channel.

          What's the address for that IRC channel again? Maybe we should put
          that in our welcome message here or something so more people can make
          use of it. The only downside of getting questions answered there is
          that there's no documentation of it - if a question gets answered
          here, everyone sees the question and response, not just those who were
          there at the time. But it is nice to have the option of an irc channel!

          -Bryan

          > Tir Gwaith
          > LST Chimp
        • merton_monk
          Message 4 of 19 , Dec 1, 2004
            --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "R Singers" <rsingers@h...> wrote:
            > > I am pleased to announce that Robert Singers has joined the ranks
            of the
            > > Tracker Monkeys. He is granted the rank of Lemur in the wild world of
            > > tracking bugs and freqs.
            >
            > Ook.

            Ook! Welcome to the team! :)

            -Bryan
          • Frugal
            Message 5 of 19 , Dec 1, 2004
              merton_monk wrote:

              >What's the address for that IRC channel again? Maybe we should put
              >that in our welcome message here or something so more people can make
              >use of it. The only downside of getting questions answered there is
              >that there's no documentation of it - if a question gets answered
              >here, everyone sees the question and response, not just those who were
              >there at the time. But it is nice to have the option of an irc channel!

              irc.dal.net

              #pcgen

              regards,
              Frugal
            • David
              Message 6 of 19 , Dec 1, 2004
                Can you tell me how to set this up using Trillian?

                -- david

              • Eddy Anthony
                Message 7 of 19 , Dec 1, 2004
                  > irc.dal.net
                  >
                  > #pcgen

                  I've been unable to connect to this server with any client other than though
                  the web interface, which is a rather unpleasent way to chat. I have no
                  trouble connecting to other irc servers, could it be a problem with my ISP
                  (Comcast)? Does this server require a registration? Anyone have any
                  suggestions?
                  --
                  ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
                  ~ PCGen Content Silverback
                  Message 8 of 19 , Dec 1, 2004
                    Have you tried different servers in the dal network, or are you just
                    letting your software pick a server?

                    I usually connect through Dragon or Elyseium (I think those are the
                    names).

                    Barak

                    Message 9 of 19 , Dec 1, 2004
                      On 12/1/04 11:04 AM, "Chris" <barak@...> wrote:

                      > Have you tried different servers in the dal network, or are you just
                      > letting your software pick a server?
                      >
                      > I usually connect through Dragon or Elyseium (I think those are the
                      > names).
                      >
                      > Barak

                      I did try that at on point, I got the list of all the servers and tried
                      setting them up but got the same result, unable to connect.
                      --
                      ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
                      ~ PCGen Content Silverback
                      Message 10 of 19 , Dec 1, 2004
                        Eddy Anthony wrote:
                        >>irc.dal.net
                        >>
                        >>#pcgen
                        >

                        > I've been unable to connect to this server with any client other than though
                        > the web interface, which is a rather unpleasent way to chat. I have no
                        > trouble connecting to other irc servers, could it be a problem with my ISP
                        > (Comcast)? Does this server require a registration? Anyone have any
                        > suggestions?

                        irc.dal.net is just an address for a redirector. Basically you should
                        take a list of DALnet servers and find one in your geographical region;
                        irc servers often shut out connection from other continents or countries.

                        You can find a list of DALnet servers at
                        <http://www.dal.net/servers/index.php3>. Any one of them will do.

                        Regads,
                        Stefan.
                      • Eddy Anthony
                        Message 11 of 19 , Dec 1, 2004
                          Thanks Stefan, one of them worked for me just now. I'll try again when I get
                          home.
                          --
                          ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
                          ~ PCGen Content Silverback

                          On 12/1/04 11:22 AM, "Stefan Radermacher" <ml@...> wrote:

                          > irc.dal.net is just an address for a redirector. Basically you should
                          > take a list of DALnet servers and find one in your geographical region;
                          > irc servers often shut out connection from other continents or countries.
                          >
                          > You can find a list of DALnet servers at
                          > <http://www.dal.net/servers/index.php3>. Any one of them will do.
                          >
                          > Regads,
                          > Stefan.
                        • David
                          Message 12 of 19 , Dec 1, 2004
                            Can someone please help me with IRC.

                            Trillian Pro.

                            Open up an IRC window and have tried to logon to irc.dal.net:6663
                            (6667), broadway.ny.us.dal.net:6667, and keep getting a Connection
                            to ... failed.

                            I'm *really* lost with this and could use some help,

                            thanks, -- david

                            --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Stefan Radermacher <ml@z...> wrote:
                            > Eddy Anthony wrote:
                            > >>irc.dal.net
                            > >>
                            > >>#pcgen
                            > >

                            > > I've been unable to connect to this server with any client other
                            than though
                            > > the web interface, which is a rather unpleasent way to chat. I
                            have no
                            > > trouble connecting to other irc servers, could it be a problem
                            with my ISP
                            > > (Comcast)? Does this server require a registration? Anyone have
                            any
                            > > suggestions?
                            >
                            > irc.dal.net is just an address for a redirector. Basically you
                            should
                            > take a list of DALnet servers and find one in your geographical
                            region;
                            > irc servers often shut out connection from other continents or
                            countries.

                            > You can find a list of DALnet servers at
                            > <http://www.dal.net/servers/index.php3>. Any one of them will do.
                            >
                            > Regads,
                            > Stefan.
                          • jpargeter
                            Message 13 of 19 , Dec 1, 2004
                              OK Papa, it works for me. so let's run this thing down.

                              Here's what I'm doing:
                              In connection manager I have jade.va.us.dal.net (picked from the list)
                              Preferences for that IRC account are as follows:
                              General tab -> no auto connect

                              Connection tab-> reconnect=yes, try next=n, stay in group=y, wait
                              period=80, # of attempts=10, initial user mode=i, MOTD=Y, IP address
                              is filled in, method=connect

                              DCC tab->left at defaults

                              Friend/enemy/flood tab-> empty

                              Misc tab-> enable hostmask checking =y

                              I do recall that some IRC servers require some kind of "ident"
                              response but I'm not too familiar with how that works - seems like I
                              had trouble getting on undernet with trillian, but Dalnet has always
                              seemed to work.

                              -Jason

                              --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "David" <Papa-DRB@h...> wrote:

                              > Can someone please help me with IRC.
                              >
                              > Trillian Pro.
                              >
                              > Open up an IRC window and have tried to logon to irc.dal.net:6663
                              > (6667), broadway.ny.us.dal.net:6667, and keep getting a Connection
                              > to ... failed.
                              >
                              > I'm *really* lost with this and could use some help,
                              >
                              > thanks, -- david
                              >
                              > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Stefan Radermacher <ml@z...> wrote:

                              > > > I've been unable to connect to this server with any client
                              other
                              > than though
                              > > > the web interface, which is a rather unpleasent way to chat. I
                              > have no
                              > > > trouble connecting to other irc servers, could it be a problem
                              > with my ISP
                              > > > (Comcast)? Does this server require a registration? Anyone have
                              > any
                              > > > suggestions?
                              > >
                              > > irc.dal.net is just an address for a redirector. Basically you
                              > should
                              > > take a list of DALnet servers and find one in your geographical
                              > region;
                              > > irc servers often shut out connection from other continents or
                              > countries.
                              > >
                              > > You can find a list of DALnet servers at
                              > > <http://www.dal.net/servers/index.php3>. Any one of them will do.
                              > >
                              > > Regads,
                              > > Stefan.
                            • David
                              Message 14 of 19 , Dec 1, 2004
                                What IP address to you have filled in there? Mine says unknown,

                                -- david
                                Papa-DRB

                                > Connection tab-> reconnect=yes, try next=n, stay in group=y, wait
                                > period=80, # of attempts=10, initial user mode=i, MOTD=Y, IP address
                                > is filled in, method=connect
                              • jpargeter
                                Message 15 of 19 , Dec 1, 2004
                                  I am behind a NAT firewall, so for me that item is 10.100.0.60 - I
                                  can't imagine that it would make any difference, but possibly it
                                  expects something to be there.

                                  -J

                                  --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "David" <Papa-DRB@h...> wrote:
                                  > What IP address to you have filled in there? Mine says unknown,
                                  >
                                  > -- david
                                  > Papa-DRB
                                  >

                                  > > Connection tab-> reconnect=yes, try next=n, stay in group=y, wait
                                  > > period=80, # of attempts=10, initial user mode=i, MOTD=Y, IP
                                  address
                                  > > is filled in, method=connect
                                • Ed Holley
                                  Message 16 of 19 , Dec 1, 2004
                                    This sounds like an Ident problem. Connection manager>IRC

                                    Server name-irc.dal.net

                                    Port- 6667

                                    Ident tab>enable ident

                                    Try that, let me know if it works.

                                    _____

                                    I am behind a NAT firewall, so for me that item is 10.100.0.60 - I
                                    can't imagine that it would make any difference, but possibly it
                                    expects something to be there.

                                    -J

                                    --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "David" <Papa-DRB@h...> wrote:
                                    > What IP address to you have filled in there? Mine says unknown,
                                    >
                                    > -- david
                                    > Papa-DRB
                                    >

                                    > > Connection tab-> reconnect=yes, try next=n, stay in group=y, wait
                                    > > period=80, # of attempts=10, initial user mode=i, MOTD=Y, IP
                                    address
                                    > > is filled in, method=connect

                                    PCGen's FAQ:
                                    http://www.evilsoft.org/pcgen/docs/

                                    Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                                    <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129v6jfsu/M=298184.5639630.6699735.3001176/D=gr
                                    oups/S=1705016061:HM/EXP=1102022667/A=2434971/R=0/SIG=11eeoolb0/*http:/www.n
                                    etflix.com/Default?mqso=60185400> click here

                                    <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=298184.5639630.6699735.3001176/D=groups/S=
                                    :HM/A=2434971/rand=260285402>

                                    _____

                                    Yahoo! Groups Links

                                  • Eddy Anthony
                                    Message 17 of 19 , Dec 2, 2004
                                      On 12/1/04 11:22 AM, "Stefan Radermacher" <ml@...> wrote:

                                      > irc.dal.net is just an address for a redirector. Basically you should
                                      > take a list of DALnet servers and find one in your geographical region;
                                      > irc servers often shut out connection from other continents or countries.
                                      >
                                      > You can find a list of DALnet servers at
                                      > <http://www.dal.net/servers/index.php3>. Any one of them will do.

                                      Arg, I got one of these to work from my work place yesterday but was still
                                      unable to get any of them to connect when I got home :(
                                      --
                                      ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
                                      ~ PCGen Content Silverback
                                      Message 18 of 19 , Dec 2, 2004
                                        Eddy Anthony wrote:

                                        > Arg, I got one of these to work from my work place yesterday but was still
                                        > unable to get any of them to connect when I got home :(

                                        Maybe you need to enable the ident server in Trillian. If it doen't
                                        work, try if you can connect with mIRC <http://www.mirc.com>.

                                        Regards,
                                        Stefan.