[ANNOUNCEMENT] New tracker monkey

  • Paul W. King
    Message 1 of 19 , Nov 30, 2004
      All,

      I am pleased to announce that Robert Singers has joined the ranks of the
      Tracker Monkeys. He is granted the rank of Lemur in the wild world of
      tracking bugs and freqs.

      Paul W. King
      TM SB, OGL/PL Chimp, Data Tamarin, BoD
    • R Singers
      Message 2 of 19 , Dec 1, 2004
        > I am pleased to announce that Robert Singers has joined the ranks of the
        > Tracker Monkeys. He is granted the rank of Lemur in the wild world of
        > tracking bugs and freqs.

        Ook.
      • thoron-tir-gwaith@lycos.com
        Message 3 of 19 , Dec 1, 2004
          > > I am pleased to announce that Robert Singers has joined the ranks of the
          > > Tracker Monkeys. He is granted the rank of Lemur in the wild world of
          > > tracking bugs and freqs.
          >
          > Ook.

          Hehe.. I'm glad Paul has some more help. I tend to rely on NotMousse and now Rav, since I see them on the IRC channel.

          Tir Gwaith
          LST Chimp
        • merton_monk
          Message 4 of 19 , Dec 1, 2004
            --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, thoron-tir-gwaith@l... wrote:
            > > > I am pleased to announce that Robert Singers has joined the
            ranks of the
            > > > Tracker Monkeys. He is granted the rank of Lemur in the wild
            world of
            > > > tracking bugs and freqs.
            > >
            > > Ook.
            >
            > Hehe.. I'm glad Paul has some more help. I tend to rely on
            NotMousse and now Rav, since I see them on the IRC channel.

            What's the address for that IRC channel again? Maybe we should put
            that in our welcome message here or something so more people can make
            use of it. The only downside of getting questions answered there is
            that there's no documentation of it - if a question gets answered
            here, everyone sees the question and response, not just those who were
            there at the time. But it is nice to have the option of an irc channel!

            -Bryan

            > Tir Gwaith
            > LST Chimp
          • merton_monk
            Message 5 of 19 , Dec 1, 2004
              --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "R Singers" <rsingers@h...> wrote:
              > > I am pleased to announce that Robert Singers has joined the ranks
              of the
              > > Tracker Monkeys. He is granted the rank of Lemur in the wild world of
              > > tracking bugs and freqs.
              >
              > Ook.

              Ook! Welcome to the team! :)

              -Bryan
            • Frugal
              Message 6 of 19 , Dec 1, 2004
                merton_monk wrote:

                >What's the address for that IRC channel again? Maybe we should put
                >that in our welcome message here or something so more people can make
                >use of it. The only downside of getting questions answered there is
                >that there's no documentation of it - if a question gets answered
                >here, everyone sees the question and response, not just those who were
                >there at the time. But it is nice to have the option of an irc channel!

                irc.dal.net

                #pcgen

                regards,
                Frugal
              • David
                Message 7 of 19 , Dec 1, 2004
                  Can you tell me how to set this up using Trillian?

                  -- david

                • Eddy Anthony
                  Message 8 of 19 , Dec 1, 2004
                    > irc.dal.net
                    >
                    > #pcgen

                    I've been unable to connect to this server with any client other than though
                    the web interface, which is a rather unpleasent way to chat. I have no
                    trouble connecting to other irc servers, could it be a problem with my ISP
                    (Comcast)? Does this server require a registration? Anyone have any
                    suggestions?
                    --
                    ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
                    ~ PCGen Content Silverback
                    Message 9 of 19 , Dec 1, 2004
                      Have you tried different servers in the dal network, or are you just
                      letting your software pick a server?

                      I usually connect through Dragon or Elyseium (I think those are the
                      names).

                      Barak

                      Message 10 of 19 , Dec 1, 2004
                        On 12/1/04 11:04 AM, "Chris" <barak@...> wrote:

                        > Have you tried different servers in the dal network, or are you just
                        > letting your software pick a server?
                        >
                        > I usually connect through Dragon or Elyseium (I think those are the
                        > names).
                        >
                        > Barak

                        I did try that at on point, I got the list of all the servers and tried
                        setting them up but got the same result, unable to connect.
                        --
                        ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
                        ~ PCGen Content Silverback
                        Message 11 of 19 , Dec 1, 2004
                          Eddy Anthony wrote:
                          >>irc.dal.net
                          >>
                          >>#pcgen
                          >

                          > I've been unable to connect to this server with any client other than though
                          > the web interface, which is a rather unpleasent way to chat. I have no
                          > trouble connecting to other irc servers, could it be a problem with my ISP
                          > (Comcast)? Does this server require a registration? Anyone have any
                          > suggestions?

                          irc.dal.net is just an address for a redirector. Basically you should
                          take a list of DALnet servers and find one in your geographical region;
                          irc servers often shut out connection from other continents or countries.

                          You can find a list of DALnet servers at
                          <http://www.dal.net/servers/index.php3>. Any one of them will do.

                          Regads,
                          Stefan.
                        • Eddy Anthony
                          Message 12 of 19 , Dec 1, 2004
                            Thanks Stefan, one of them worked for me just now. I'll try again when I get
                            home.
                            --
                            ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
                            ~ PCGen Content Silverback

                            On 12/1/04 11:22 AM, "Stefan Radermacher" <ml@...> wrote:

                            > irc.dal.net is just an address for a redirector. Basically you should
                            > take a list of DALnet servers and find one in your geographical region;
                            > irc servers often shut out connection from other continents or countries.
                            >
                            > You can find a list of DALnet servers at
                            > <http://www.dal.net/servers/index.php3>. Any one of them will do.
                            >
                            > Regads,
                            > Stefan.
                          • David
                            Message 13 of 19 , Dec 1, 2004
                              Can someone please help me with IRC.

                              Trillian Pro.

                              Open up an IRC window and have tried to logon to irc.dal.net:6663
                              (6667), broadway.ny.us.dal.net:6667, and keep getting a Connection
                              to ... failed.

                              I'm *really* lost with this and could use some help,

                              thanks, -- david

                              --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Stefan Radermacher <ml@z...> wrote:
                              > Eddy Anthony wrote:
                              > >>irc.dal.net
                              > >>
                              > >>#pcgen
                              > >

                              > > I've been unable to connect to this server with any client other
                              than though
                              > > the web interface, which is a rather unpleasent way to chat. I
                              have no
                              > > trouble connecting to other irc servers, could it be a problem
                              with my ISP
                              > > (Comcast)? Does this server require a registration? Anyone have
                              any
                              > > suggestions?
                              >
                              > irc.dal.net is just an address for a redirector. Basically you
                              should
                              > take a list of DALnet servers and find one in your geographical
                              region;
                              > irc servers often shut out connection from other continents or
                              countries.

                              > You can find a list of DALnet servers at
                              > <http://www.dal.net/servers/index.php3>. Any one of them will do.
                              >
                              > Regads,
                              > Stefan.
                            • jpargeter
                              Message 14 of 19 , Dec 1, 2004
                                OK Papa, it works for me. so let's run this thing down.

                                Here's what I'm doing:
                                In connection manager I have jade.va.us.dal.net (picked from the list)
                                Preferences for that IRC account are as follows:
                                General tab -> no auto connect

                                Connection tab-> reconnect=yes, try next=n, stay in group=y, wait
                                period=80, # of attempts=10, initial user mode=i, MOTD=Y, IP address
                                is filled in, method=connect

                                DCC tab->left at defaults

                                Friend/enemy/flood tab-> empty

                                Misc tab-> enable hostmask checking =y

                                I do recall that some IRC servers require some kind of "ident"
                                response but I'm not too familiar with how that works - seems like I
                                had trouble getting on undernet with trillian, but Dalnet has always
                                seemed to work.

                                -Jason

                                --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "David" <Papa-DRB@h...> wrote:

                                > Can someone please help me with IRC.
                                >
                                > Trillian Pro.
                                >
                                > Open up an IRC window and have tried to logon to irc.dal.net:6663
                                > (6667), broadway.ny.us.dal.net:6667, and keep getting a Connection
                                > to ... failed.
                                >
                                > I'm *really* lost with this and could use some help,
                                >
                                > thanks, -- david
                                >
                                > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Stefan Radermacher <ml@z...> wrote:

                                > > > I've been unable to connect to this server with any client
                                other
                                > than though
                                > > > the web interface, which is a rather unpleasent way to chat. I
                                > have no
                                > > > trouble connecting to other irc servers, could it be a problem
                                > with my ISP
                                > > > (Comcast)? Does this server require a registration? Anyone have
                                > any
                                > > > suggestions?
                                > >
                                > > irc.dal.net is just an address for a redirector. Basically you
                                > should
                                > > take a list of DALnet servers and find one in your geographical
                                > region;
                                > > irc servers often shut out connection from other continents or
                                > countries.
                                > >
                                > > You can find a list of DALnet servers at
                                > > <http://www.dal.net/servers/index.php3>. Any one of them will do.
                                > >
                                > > Regads,
                                > > Stefan.
                              • David
                                Message 15 of 19 , Dec 1, 2004
                                  What IP address to you have filled in there? Mine says unknown,

                                  -- david
                                  Papa-DRB

                                  > Connection tab-> reconnect=yes, try next=n, stay in group=y, wait
                                  > period=80, # of attempts=10, initial user mode=i, MOTD=Y, IP address
                                  > is filled in, method=connect
                                • jpargeter
                                  Message 16 of 19 , Dec 1, 2004
                                    I am behind a NAT firewall, so for me that item is 10.100.0.60 - I
                                    can't imagine that it would make any difference, but possibly it
                                    expects something to be there.

                                    -J

                                    --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "David" <Papa-DRB@h...> wrote:
                                    > What IP address to you have filled in there? Mine says unknown,
                                    >
                                    > -- david
                                    > Papa-DRB
                                    >

                                    > > Connection tab-> reconnect=yes, try next=n, stay in group=y, wait
                                    > > period=80, # of attempts=10, initial user mode=i, MOTD=Y, IP
                                    address
                                    > > is filled in, method=connect
                                  • Ed Holley
                                    Message 17 of 19 , Dec 1, 2004
                                      This sounds like an Ident problem. Connection manager>IRC

                                      Server name-irc.dal.net

                                      Port- 6667

                                      Ident tab>enable ident

                                      Try that, let me know if it works.

                                      _____

                                      I am behind a NAT firewall, so for me that item is 10.100.0.60 - I
                                      can't imagine that it would make any difference, but possibly it
                                      expects something to be there.

                                      -J

                                      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "David" <Papa-DRB@h...> wrote:
                                      > What IP address to you have filled in there? Mine says unknown,
                                      >
                                      > -- david
                                      > Papa-DRB
                                      >

                                      > > Connection tab-> reconnect=yes, try next=n, stay in group=y, wait
                                      > > period=80, # of attempts=10, initial user mode=i, MOTD=Y, IP
                                      address
                                      > > is filled in, method=connect

                                      PCGen's FAQ:
                                      http://www.evilsoft.org/pcgen/docs/

                                      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                                      <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129v6jfsu/M=298184.5639630.6699735.3001176/D=gr
                                      oups/S=1705016061:HM/EXP=1102022667/A=2434971/R=0/SIG=11eeoolb0/*http:/www.n
                                      etflix.com/Default?mqso=60185400> click here

                                      <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=298184.5639630.6699735.3001176/D=groups/S=
                                      :HM/A=2434971/rand=260285402>

                                      _____

                                      Yahoo! Groups Links

                                    • Eddy Anthony
                                      Message 18 of 19 , Dec 2, 2004
                                        On 12/1/04 11:22 AM, "Stefan Radermacher" <ml@...> wrote:

                                        > irc.dal.net is just an address for a redirector. Basically you should
                                        > take a list of DALnet servers and find one in your geographical region;
                                        > irc servers often shut out connection from other continents or countries.
                                        >
                                        > You can find a list of DALnet servers at
                                        > <http://www.dal.net/servers/index.php3>. Any one of them will do.

                                        Arg, I got one of these to work from my work place yesterday but was still
                                        unable to get any of them to connect when I got home :(
                                        --
                                        ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
                                        ~ PCGen Content Silverback
                                        Message 19 of 19 , Dec 2, 2004
                                          Eddy Anthony wrote:

                                          > Arg, I got one of these to work from my work place yesterday but was still
                                          > unable to get any of them to connect when I got home :(

                                          Maybe you need to enable the ident server in Trillian. If it doen't
                                          work, try if you can connect with mIRC <http://www.mirc.com>.

                                          Regards,
                                          Stefan.