Re: [pcgen] [BUG] 578 Closing the Preferences Screen.

  • James Dempsey
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 1, 2004

      Quoting Truth <geeknz@...>:

      > On Mon, 1 Nov 2004 17:42:54 -0800 (PST), Joe Medica <cellowyn2@...>
      > wrote:
      > > I don't know if this has been reported, but when I change preferences and
      > > hit OK, the window sits there. No indication of success or failure.
      > > There does not seem to be any timeframe when a message might come back or
      > > when the window might close either...
      >
      > Confirm I'm getting the same problem as well. If you hit cancel, and
      > then come back in - after having tried ok - then your changes will be
      > saved. It just isn't closing the window as well.

      This is a bug with the new GMGen preferecnes. I think Devon has already fixed it
      in the CVS code though. The conditions to trigger it (that I found) are trying
      to modify the GMGen preferences with no character loaded. If you load a
      character, it should all be ok.

      Cheers,
      James Dempsey
      PCGen Code Monkey
    • Eddy Anthony
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 1, 2004
        Paul I'm seeing this problem as well on both my Mac and my PC.

        Ravagon opened a tracker for this, but then mysteriously closed it. This
        suggests it is intermittent and does not effect all users.

        [ 1052869 ] [5.7.8][PCGEN]Preferences popup window ok button broken

        <https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=384719&aid=1052869&group_
        id=25576>
        --
        ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
        ~ PCGen Content Silverback

        Paul W. King scribed:

        > What are the specs of your machine? I am not having this problem.
        >
        > WinXP Home SP2, 2.1 GHz, 512 MB RAM, java 1.4.2_05-b04
        >
        > Paul W. King
        > TM SB, OGL/PL Chimp, Data Tamarin, BoD

      • Joe Medica
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 2, 2004
          My system stats:

          WinXP Pro SP2, 933 MHz, 256 MB RAM, java 1.4.2_05-b04 (I believe this is
          the version, but I will confirm, could be off on the release number...)

          Joe

          --- "Paul W. King" <paulking.rhochi@...> wrote:

          > What are the specs of your machine? I am not having this problem.
          >
          > WinXP Home SP2, 2.1 GHz, 512 MB RAM, java 1.4.2_05-b04
          >
          > Paul W. King
          > TM SB, OGL/PL Chimp, Data Tamarin, BoD

          Check out the new Yahoo! Front Page.
          www.yahoo.com
        • Joe Medica
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 2, 2004
            Yes, but I would guess most people are like me and set their preferences
            up before loading anything.

            Joe Medica