[CODE] [DATA] Re: [FREQ] The Number of Bonus Domain Spell Slots.

  • Paul W. King
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 1, 2004
      > Would it be possible to add the ability to change the number of
      > Domain spells a character can cast per spell level to a value other
      > that the currently set +1 per spell level?
      >
      > In the game that I am currently evolved in, a prestige class
      > receives +2 Domain spells for each spell level that they can cast.

      Typically we ask that these kinds of questions be asked at List File
      Help ( http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PCGenListFileHelp/ ). However,
      this raises an interesting question, as I don't know the answer to it.

      How does PCGen know how to grant domain spells? I looked in the docs
      and couldn't find anthing. If its buried in the code itself, it
      should be pulled out and placed in one of the data files.

      Paul W. King
      TM SB, OGL/PL Chimp, Data Tamarin, BoD
    • Craig Andrews
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 1, 2004
        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Paul W. King" <paulking.rhochi@v...>
        wrote:

        > > Would it be possible to add the ability to change the number of
        > > Domain spells a character can cast per spell level to a value
        other
        > > that the currently set +1 per spell level?
        > >
        > > In the game that I am currently evolved in, a prestige class
        > > receives +2 Domain spells for each spell level that they can cast.
        >
        > Typically we ask that these kinds of questions be asked at List File
        > Help ( http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PCGenListFileHelp/ ). However,
        > this raises an interesting question, as I don't know the answer to
        it.

        > How does PCGen know how to grant domain spells? I looked in the docs
        > and couldn't find anthing. If its buried in the code itself, it
        > should be pulled out and placed in one of the data files.
        >
        > Paul W. King
        > TM SB, OGL/PL Chimp, Data Tamarin, BoD

        Should have added in my first message that from what I have been able
        to deduce, it seams to be in the code somewhere. I believe that when
        a character adds a domain, they then get the +1 added to their spells
        per day.
      • Joe Medica
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 1, 2004
          I don't know if this has been reported, but when I change preferences and
          hit OK, the window sits there. No indication of success or failure.
          There does not seem to be any timeframe when a message might come back or
          when the window might close either...

          Joe

          Check out the new Yahoo! Front Page.
          www.yahoo.com
        • Truth
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 1, 2004
            On Mon, 1 Nov 2004 17:42:54 -0800 (PST), Joe Medica <cellowyn2@...> wrote:
            > I don't know if this has been reported, but when I change preferences and
            > hit OK, the window sits there. No indication of success or failure.
            > There does not seem to be any timeframe when a message might come back or
            > when the window might close either...

            Confirm I'm getting the same problem as well. If you hit cancel, and
            then come back in - after having tried ok - then your changes will be
            saved. It just isn't closing the window as well.
            --
            Truth.
            There is no religion higher than the Truth.
            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 1, 2004
              What are the specs of your machine? I am not having this problem.

              WinXP Home SP2, 2.1 GHz, 512 MB RAM, java 1.4.2_05-b04

              Paul W. King
              TM SB, OGL/PL Chimp, Data Tamarin, BoD

              > I don't know if this has been reported, but when I change preferences and
              > hit OK, the window sits there. No indication of success or failure.
              > There does not seem to be any timeframe when a message might come back or
              > when the window might close either...

              Confirm I'm getting the same problem as well. If you hit cancel, and
              then come back in - after having tried ok - then your changes will be
              saved. It just isn't closing the window as well.
            • James Dempsey
              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 1, 2004

                Quoting Truth <geeknz@...>:

                > On Mon, 1 Nov 2004 17:42:54 -0800 (PST), Joe Medica <cellowyn2@...>
                > wrote:
                > > I don't know if this has been reported, but when I change preferences and
                > > hit OK, the window sits there. No indication of success or failure.
                > > There does not seem to be any timeframe when a message might come back or
                > > when the window might close either...
                >
                > Confirm I'm getting the same problem as well. If you hit cancel, and
                > then come back in - after having tried ok - then your changes will be
                > saved. It just isn't closing the window as well.

                This is a bug with the new GMGen preferecnes. I think Devon has already fixed it
                in the CVS code though. The conditions to trigger it (that I found) are trying
                to modify the GMGen preferences with no character loaded. If you load a
                character, it should all be ok.

                Cheers,
                James Dempsey
                PCGen Code Monkey
              • Eddy Anthony
                Message 7 of 10 , Nov 1, 2004
                  Paul I'm seeing this problem as well on both my Mac and my PC.

                  Ravagon opened a tracker for this, but then mysteriously closed it. This
                  suggests it is intermittent and does not effect all users.

                  [ 1052869 ] [5.7.8][PCGEN]Preferences popup window ok button broken

                  <https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=384719&aid=1052869&group_
                  id=25576>
                  --
                  ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
                  ~ PCGen Content Silverback

                  Paul W. King scribed:

                  Message 8 of 10 , Nov 2, 2004
                    My system stats:

                    WinXP Pro SP2, 933 MHz, 256 MB RAM, java 1.4.2_05-b04 (I believe this is
                    the version, but I will confirm, could be off on the release number...)

                    Joe

                    Message 9 of 10 , Nov 2, 2004
                      Yes, but I would guess most people are like me and set their preferences
                      up before loading anything.

                      Joe Medica