Semi-Permanent "Temp" Ability Modifiers

  • Derek J. Balling
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 30, 2004
      We have a player who lost three points of STR from poison. We know he
      can get it back some day via restoration, etc., but in the mean time,
      until they find a cleric who can do it, it would be keen to have his
      character sheet reflect that.

      Is there any easy way of doing this that I'm missing? Or is it just
      "lower the strength score by 3 and it's up to the player to remember
      that he can gain it back later"?

    • taluroniscandar
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 31, 2004
        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Derek J. Balling" <groups@m...> wrote:
        > We have a player who lost three points of STR from poison. We know he
        > can get it back some day via restoration, etc., but in the mean time,
        > until they find a cleric who can do it, it would be keen to have his
        > character sheet reflect that.
        >
        > Is there any easy way of doing this that I'm missing? Or is it just
        > "lower the strength score by 3 and it's up to the player to remember
        > that he can gain it back later"?

        Three way OTTOMH

        1. reduce the STR score as above.
        2. create a template which reduces the STR and then remove it after
        the restoration.
        3. create a magic item which reduces STR.