Re: wish list (was Looking forward in PCGen)

  • singersr
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 30, 2004
      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Paul W. King" <paulking.rhochi@v...>
      wrote:
      > Code (general)
      > * better class inheritance support (so you don't have to copy
      classes)

      This reminded me. I asked for better explicate inheritance in the
      data sets so for example we can create our own versions and
      subversions of races without copying whole lst file entries. I'd
      also like to see a mechanism that determines what order in which a
      list file applies, basically how the data def cascades. This might
      alos make debugging easier.

      I also raised the point the other day about more generic equipment
      for customising, however that seemed to get lost in the directory
      idea taking off. I'm thinking perhaps I should create a lst file
      and post it somewhere that I can get feedback about it.
    • Truth
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 31, 2004
        On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 19:26:49 -0000, singersr <rsingers@...> wrote:
        > This reminded me. I asked for better explicate inheritance in the
        > data sets so for example we can create our own versions and
        > subversions of races without copying whole lst file entries.

        On a vaguely similar note: there seems to have been a trend in the
        Wizards books recently for substitution levels.
        Do we have a way of doing this? If not can we get it added to the list
        of things to do?
        --
        Truth.
        There is no religion higher than the Truth.