  • Paul Grosse
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 29, 2004
      <snip>
      On Fri, October 29, 2004 1:09 am, Keith Davies said:

      > Hi All,
      >
      > does anyone here know of a Java GUI control that can edit rich text?
      > A friend's got a project where he has to build an applet that'll allow

      > editing of text with some simple formatting. The customer insists
      > that the users cannot be required to use HTML tags (directly, it can
      > use them internally, as long as nobody has to do <b>bold</b> text by
      hand).

      What does Devon use for the GMGen Notes plugin?

      I have never used it, but ti seems to have lots of nice buttons to press
      to get different text effects...

      --
      regards,
      Frugal

      I'm using it to duplicate a module by BP, basically just copy all of the
      module text into it and mark what is "Read to players" and what isn't.
      You can also load pictures in the notes (drag and drop) so if somebody
      asks what the npc looks like you can show them. And you can also use it
      to set up encounters, load all the npc's and the characters in PCGen,
      then go to GMGen to the Initiative tab and then click "File->Save" and
      save it as a GMI file, then drag that GMI file into the proper node in
      the notes section and then you can just double click on it and it loads
      up all those mosters and PC's in the initiative screen and you are good
      to go. You can also save in the middle of combat (ie end of a session)
      and the load it up for the next session with out loaing a beat. GMGen is
      great :)

      Paul G.