[CODE] new tag entry: VISIBLE in Skills

  • Eddy Anthony
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 2, 2004
      Eric Beaudoin scribed:

      >> I believe we need a new variable along the lines of SKILLRANK, say maybe
      >> SKILLBONUS=<SkillName>. So if Intimidate does not have a KEYSTAT listed for
      >> it (so it does not transfer that to the output version of the skill) then
      >> any bonus added to Intimidate could be passed on this way:
      >> BONUS:SKILL|Intimidate (CHA)|var("SKILLBONUS=Intimidate")
      >
      > That won't work. You transfer the full bonus as rank and your (CHA) will end
      > up being added twice. So far, I'm yet to see a rule where the total modifier
      > is added to another skill. It's always Rank+Stat modifier+Synergy+Feat
      > modification+item. It's never, take the full modifier of skill A and add it to
      > skill B.

      Actually it works fine, but only because I took out the KEYSTAT:CHA from the
      GUI Intimidate, as for the rule regarding transferring the total modifier to
      another skill I agree, but this is the same skill, we are just splitting it
      up for display purposes.

      > Second, if you want to add something to get the sum of modifier for a given
      > list of skill, we will do a JEP functions, not a variable.
      >
      > SKILLMOD("Intimidate") (it's not call a skill bonus in the rules) would return
      > the total modifier for the listed bonus. Latter on, it might be modified to
      > add aggregators if needed like SKILLMOD("TYPE=Knowledge").
      >
      > This is how SKILLRANK should have been done but unfortunately, the variable
      > SKILLRANK=xxx got in without anyone from the data side having a chance to
      > review it.

      OK, I got the feeling you would have a clear idea on the direction to go
      with this. Now that I know what we need I've wrote up a FREQ:

      [ 1039191 ] SKILLMOD("x") JEP function

      > In any case, this is a separate issue than the VISIBLE:GUI not working as
      > intended. VISIBLE tag should only affect the visibility of object, never
      > change anything in the rules and values. This has to be fixed.

      Yup, I'm sure Stefan can whip it into shape :)
      --
      ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
      ~ PCGen Content Silverback