DnD mode

  • Blackstorm
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 2, 2004
      Hi! I've downloaded the last release of pc gen... when I've tried to load my pc,
      pcgen give me an incompatibility error... then I try to load the .pcg files that
      are yet in the packace (Sorcerer, Everything, CodeMonkey, etc...) but it gave me
      another error: it says that the actual mode is 3ed, but it want the dnd mode...
      but I can't find it in the settings->Mode menu...... How I can resolve this two
      problems?

      ---
      Blackstorm
      *Con due angeli ed un'amica al seguito*

      Datemene uno con un browser testuale, un eroe fuori dal cinema alle tre di
      notte. Datemelo che ti accompagni sempre a casa, anche se piove, anche se fa
      freddo, anche se un passo più in là finisce il mondo. Datemelo che scriva
      lettere belle non a me, e se poi le leggo va be', mica è colpa mia.{Angelus}

      [ICQ #116647346]
    • Paul
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 2, 2004
        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Blackstorm <s230514@s...> wrote:
        > Hi! I've downloaded the last release of pc gen... when I've tried
        to load my pc,
        > pcgen give me an incompatibility error... then I try to load
        the .pcg files that
        > are yet in the packace (Sorcerer, Everything, CodeMonkey, etc...)
        but it gave me
        > another error: it says that the actual mode is 3ed, but it want the
        dnd mode...
        > but I can't find it in the settings->Mode menu...... How I can
        resolve this two
        > problems?
        >
        > ---
        > Blackstorm
        > *Con due angeli ed un'amica al seguito*

        DnD mode is the old 3.0 game mode from CMP, with the advent of the
        new 3.5 datasets. What you can do is hand edit your pcg file to show
        the proper game mode. Open it with a normal text editor and change
        the following from.
        GAMEMODE:DnD
        GAMEMODE:DnD_v30e
        or
        GAMEMODE:DnD_v35e

        depending on which version you are using.
      • Ed Holley
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 3, 2004
          I am going to try to create an app that will do this conversion. I will
          post my result.

          Ed Holley
          A+
          System Admin
          (I don't send Office Docs with macros
          unless they are noted in the body of
          the message)

          _____

          > Hi! I've downloaded the last release of pc gen... when I've tried
          to load my pc,
          > pcgen give me an incompatibility error... then I try to load
          the .pcg files that
          > are yet in the packace (Sorcerer, Everything, CodeMonkey, etc...)
          but it gave me
          > another error: it says that the actual mode is 3ed, but it want the
          dnd mode...
          > but I can't find it in the settings->Mode menu...... How I can
          resolve this two
          > problems?
          >
          > ---
          > Blackstorm
          > *Con due angeli ed un'amica al seguito*

          DnD mode is the old 3.0 game mode from CMP, with the advent of the
          new 3.5 datasets. What you can do is hand edit your pcg file to show
          the proper game mode. Open it with a normal text editor and change
          the following from.
          GAMEMODE:DnD
          GAMEMODE:DnD_v30e
          or
          GAMEMODE:DnD_v35e

          depending on which version you are using.

          PCGen's FAQ:

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=1299571t0/M=294855.5468653.6549235.3001176/D=gr
          oups/S=1705016061:HM/EXP=1096865214/A=2376776/R=0/SIG=11ldm1jvc/*http://prom
          otions.yahoo.com/ydomains2004/index.html> click here

          <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=294855.5468653.6549235.3001176/D=groups/S=
          :HM/A=2376776/rand=479599744>

          _____

          Yahoo! Groups Links